Best Vacuum for Pet Hair?

bubblrJuly 11, 2013

I have to get a new vacuum cleaner as the old one is beyond fixing at last. The dog hair is accumulating... I'm not looking to spend a whole lot- say less than $150- if that is reasonable (less would be better).

My dogs shed mostly in summer, when they also bring in a lot of mud after a run that turns to dirt. I have three large dogs (including the GSD- biggest shedder), all with medium length hair. The flooring is mainly hardwood, with some carpet on the stairs and in the living room area. It is a relatively small house- 900 square feet. It would be great if the vacuum had good attachments for the car as well.

What has worked for you? Suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
reneelizabeth

We have a hoover nano and it is the bomb. I picked it up for $60. We have two dogs and two cats (all short haired, but still) and my husband is a stone mason. I was driving myself crazy trying to keep up with that much dirt and pet hair with a broom and dustpan!
Our floors are all hardwood with a couple of area rugs. It has a setting for hard floors and a setting for carpet, and an easily detachable hose wand tool thingy.
It's really an awesome little vacuum.

Bookmark   July 15, 2013 at 2:58PM
musicteacher

I love my Eureka Boss. people complain that it is heavy, but it cleans so much better that our other expensive one. I have three very hairy dogs, golden retriever, Aussie (with thick fur like a collie) and a part chow. Probably should vacuum twice a day, but I don't still when I do, it gets it all. I use the handheld part for the couches.

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 2:57PM
tinan

I have a Dyson but you won't get it for $150. It will last longer and work better than the $150 models though. I'd read reviews on amazon, Bissell seems to make ok inexpensive pet hair vacuums.

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 3:30PM
Atrenkezer

Many vacuums that are advertised as specialized in pet hair cleaning are good at it. If you had a small dog a handheld would have been ok most of the time and that will cover the car too. However with 3 big dogs that go in and out of the house all the time you need bigger vacuum. When we factor that you also want to use it for your car too i would say a canister is your best pick.

Bookmark   September 5, 2013 at 2:23PM
More Discussions
How to Clean a Disgusting Plastic Shower Floor
I have purchased a property that has what I believer...
lgal63
removing dog urine smell
My aister, who works full time, has had a live in nanny....
cearab
Castile Soap Dilemma
This has probably been gone over, but I would like...
harlowolivia
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
Dirty Coffeemaker Sickness!
Warning: This Is NASTY! So I make a pot of coffee everyday...
tomatozilla
Sponsored Products
Glistening Ridge Rug 9' x 12' - SILVER
$3,299.00 | Horchow
Himeji Outdoor Wall Sconce by Arroyo Craftsman
$612.00 | Lumens
SFERRA Bari Blanket Cover
$449.00 | FRONTGATE
Luli Sanchez Yellow French Knot Throw Pillow
Grandin Road
Area Rug: Select Canvas Outer Limits 5' x 8'
Home Depot