Gutters!!!

riverrat1July 5, 2009

How in the world do I clean the black streaks off of our white gutters? The vertical lines are resistant to pressure washing, bleach and a scrub brush.

I remember a few years ago someone said there was a product in a spray bottle that would remove these stains. All you had to do was spray it on and wait a little while then spray with your water hose. All the streaks would then be gone! I can't remember the name of the product. I think they said you could buy it at a home building big box store.

Help! I can't find the product...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

I haven't used it, but there is a version of Krud Kutter for cleaning gutters and exterior metal surfaces.

Bookmark   July 5, 2009 at 10:44PM
mustangs81

Hey girlfriend! I had the perfect product-it worked miracles for my gutter stains. So I ran to the garage to get the name of it so I could be your hero. Well, the last time I used it, I poured it into another container and labeled it "gutter cleaner". Ratz!!

I got it on the internet so I googled an couldn't find anything that looked familiar. I'll keep trying.

Bookmark   July 7, 2009 at 9:50PM
riverrat1

Hey Sis,

You are my hero! Uuummmmmm, cleaning hero that is ;-)

Before I posted this thread I thought about asking you. I bought the "Krud Kutter" yesterday and will attempt the job when it quits raining.

Thank you Graywings!

Bookmark   July 8, 2009 at 8:30AM
graywings123

Let us know how the Krud Kutter works because I have to clean mine as well.

I have to clean my house siding and am going to use a solution of TSP, bleach and clothes washing detergent (Tide). I will spray some on the gutters and report on how it works.

Bookmark   July 8, 2009 at 8:36AM
More Discussions
How often should I wash area rug?
We have a washable (in a large capacity laundromat...
Valerie Emmerich
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
bryce5
Urine stain on rug from dog
My sweet doggie has tinkled two different times on...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
Getting Cigarette Smoke Out of Clothes
My daughter's friend gave her a lot of clothes. Friend...
monicakm_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™