Stains on patio furniture vinyl straps

geniejanJuly 7, 2010

Does anyone know of a good product or method for cleaning the brown and yellow stains on vinyl straps that have been exposed to the sun and elements?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oilpainter

Yes I do.
I have 2 metal lawn chairs with vinyl white and green strapping. Part of a set I bought over 20 years ago. The chairs were fine but the plastic straps were disgusting. I debated on whether to throw them out but couldn't see throwing out 2 perfectly good chairs.

Last spring I bought a bottle Lestoil. It was something we used on our trailer to get rid of the grime. I used it right out of the bottle--just put some on a wet rag and attacked them. You wouldn't believe how clean they came. I rinsed them off with the hose and voila--2 extra lawn chairs that I wouldn't be ashamed to have anyone sit in.

Bookmark   July 8, 2010 at 6:03AM
geniejan

Where can I buy Lestoil? Is this something sold at Home Depot or in Wal Mart? Currently I have been using brillo pads and even hard, vigorous scrubbing hardly has any affect on the stains.

Bookmark   July 8, 2010 at 11:27PM
oilpainter

I'm from Canada and I've bought it at our grocery and Walmart, but maybe they don't sell it in those stores in the States. It is made by Clorox. I have seen it on E-Bay.

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 9:22PM
More Discussions
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
HELP! Clear Glass Shower Doors w/ hard water stains
I have extremely hard water and have clear glass shower...
kristinamaria
Jetted Tub Cleaning - I'm at my end point!
Hello everyone, I know this subject has been posted...
Auroras_Envy
Film on glasses from dishwasher: etched?
The drinking glasses now look cloudy. I have been using...
linnea56
How Do You Clean Whirlpool Jets??
We're building a new house and have ordered a whirlpool...
MrsBigE
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™