Bosch 27 double oven question

KimSigApril 26, 2013

Does anyone have a opinion on this model HBN565OUC? I have been watching the Sears outlet site and this oven is available for 1160, that is a good price I think. We originally were looking for a 30 inch set but for a good price I think a 27 would be fine. The cabinets will be made to fit the oven so we are open to what ever we find as far as size goes. Any thoughts good or bad?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jwats612

I am not terribly familiar with Bosch units but believe they are highly regarded and am sure the price is very good. The only reservation is the "27 size--30" is more popular and gives you a greater range of choices when the unit is replaced. I am told that life expectancy of a wall oven is now 8-12 years, so it might be sooner than you think.

Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 6:20PM
txjoyce

We have the Bosch 500 series 27 inch double oven and love it. We didn't have the option for 30 inch (didn't want to rip out existing cabinets) so our decision was easy.

Personally, I think the 27 inch would be fine but it really depends on what and how you cook/bake with the oven. The double oven will give you more flexibility - if things get crowded in one oven, fire up the other one. Think about what pans, etc you would use.

Hope this helps - and you're right - that's a great price

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 11:03AM
KimSig

Thanks for the help! We did purchase the ovens today, there was a additional 12 percent discount by purchasing today and using a Sears card, so we bought them for only 1020! I feel good about the price and it also is the first step beyond getting bids for the kitchen that we have taken. Now we are committed! Scary and exciting!

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 7:39PM
bpathome

KimSig, you got a great deal! Holy smokes! Our Bosch 300 series 27" was just installed last week and we love it already. It's big enough for us, and it's pretty quiet, and we like the cooking features. Enjoy yours!

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 5:55PM
More Discussions
Masterchef options for Miele speed oven
I have played around with a Miele combi steam oven...
barbja99
Daily Luxury Convenience (Combi Steam) vs. Tried & True Dbl Oven
I asked questions about the steam oven last month....
lawjedi
Seeking Bosch Benchmark Feedback
I know there have been a few posts regarding the new...
nadianyc
New Bertazzoni Induction Range?
I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a...
ltislander
Who makes Counter Depth fridge less than 36" wide
Hi, who makes a counter depth fridge that is only say...
Brad Goodyear
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™