Is Viking price controlled, or can I get a deal?

Madeline616April 23, 2012

Hi,

I'm looking at a recently discontinued Viking freestanding fridge. The sales person checked with the distributor, and they apparently have a few left.

I asked the sales guy whether he could offer me a discount b/c the model is discontinued. He said no, that since the stock is already low on this item, Viking likely won't discount the item to a "discontinued" type sale price.

My question is, do the stores themselves have any wiggle room to discount Viking appliances, or do they just have to go with what the distributor says?

I could shop around a bit, but if everyone is bound by the distributor's price, it probably won't be worth it.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beintruth

I was told by an appliance Salesperson that spring is the best time to buy appliances as many showrooms are wanting to get rid of last years models to make room for this years. My local, southern NJ, appliance showroom had awesome deals on Wolf, Viking and many other high end name brands that normally don't get discounted. Give a call to your local appliance dealers or go in for a visit and inquire.

Bookmark   April 23, 2012 at 7:13PM
More Discussions
2 Weeks With my New ASKO Dishwasher--a review
Since very few people here have ASKO dishwashers or...
needinfo1
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
DCS Gas range review
DCS gas range review
brett_champagne
Questions about noisy back draft damper on vent hood roof cap
One female here who is definitely not a diy type person....
texasgal47
24" refrigerator. Liebherr, Fagor, LG, etc?
We live in Boston. We are in the market for 24"....
ttkogi
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™