charlies soap in carpet cleaning machine?

blue_velvet_elvisJuly 19, 2008

CharlieÂs Soap All-Purpose may be used in carpet cleaners such as the ones available for rent at grocery stores. But, be sure to *use no more than half the amount of cleaner recommended* by the manufacturer. CharlieÂs Soap All-Purpose is currently being used with professional carpet cleaners.

I'm not sure how to interpet that. Isn't the amount to use on the bottle of carpet shampoo? Does it mean to dilute it?

Has anyone tried this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

I would guess they are suggesting you dilute it. I have not used it, nor have I ever heard of it.

Bookmark   July 20, 2008 at 2:55PM
jannie

Charlies Soap is a powder. The package says to use one tablespoon per washload. It has to be mixed with water. I have only used it for laundry. I don't know if it can be used for household cleaning.

Bookmark   July 22, 2008 at 11:20PM
bonny_doon

I have used the Charlies All purpose cleaner in my carpet machine. Works well. my carpet machine has a cap that goes on the detergent dispenser with a line for filling with cleaner. just fill it halfway and it is fine.
And the all purpose cleaner is not the laundry detergent. Check the website, he has laundry detergent,in powder and liquid. The all purpose cleaner is a seperate product. Great for pretreating laundry, and it cleans anything that is washable.

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 7:49AM
More Discussions
Home library is musty smelling
I have a wall, floor to ceiling, of built in bookshelves...
liseebird
Red wine on wall - help!
Hi. We just finished our major kitchen remodel (thank...
nicole93089
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
X smoker preparing house for Grand Baby
I need help! My son and daughter inlaw are expecting...
johndeere
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™