Getting Rid of Perfume Smell

susan915July 24, 2009

Years ago I put a strong sachet in a dresser drawer. I got rid of it, but the strong smell has permeated the drawer. How can I get rid of this smell so I can use the drawer? This is an expensive piece of furniture, so I'm hesitant to use chemicals.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

Set a bowl of white vinegar in the drawer, being careful not to spill.

If possible get some fresh air and sunshine on the drawer - take it outside and set it somewhere safe. You don't want to bake it in the sun, you just want to air it out.

Bookmark   July 24, 2009 at 6:22PM
annie1971

Try coffee. It works for a number of odors. There are a couple of odor-ridding products on the market as well. I like X-O Odor Neutralizer. It's a spray. I would spray the drawer and leave it open to air (you don't have to, but I probably would do so).

Bookmark   July 25, 2009 at 8:37PM
lishaana

DD just spilled a bottle of stinky cheap cologne on my MIL new carpet... The only thing that worked for us was baking soda.

Bookmark   July 26, 2009 at 1:55PM
mrsdymacek

I know this sounds weird but try replacing your potpurri with a kitty litter sachet! My mother in law had the dog attack a skunk under her car and the car was so foul that you couldn't be near it without being nauseated. The kitty litter worked at getting that stench out!

Bookmark   August 4, 2009 at 3:11PM
More Discussions
vacuuming problem
I have fairly new bedroom carpeting and my Hoover vacuum...
eviemp
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
bryce5
ink marks
How to remove ink (lines from a pen) on a sofa? Also,...
kathyg_in_mi
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
Urine stain on rug from dog
My sweet doggie has tinkled two different times on...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™