The smell of Dog Urine

lostinitJuly 18, 2010

Have a dog that pissed all over the carpet in a few spots. Used a spot bot which cleaned up the mess and the smell. However, the smell comes out every now and then and even more when we open the drapes to let sun in, the sun and heat seems to make the smell come out more. Febreze don't work. Any tips as to get rid of this horrible smell?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

Ii saw on that Bristish show "How Clean Is Your House?", Fight urine smell with ammonia. They tackled a home where an elderly dog had urinated over and over on a carpet. Pour "sudsy" ammonia in water, whip up some foam, use it to scrub any urine soaked places. When it dries, smells will be gone. Good luck!

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 8:44AM
christine1950

I use Natures Miracle for dog urine odors and it works!!!! You can find it at pet stores, I buy mine at Petsmart. Follow the directions and you'll be amazed. I have also used it on a loveseat to kill the scent of cigarette smoke.
Christine

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 8:57AM
graywings123

You might want to go over to the Pet forum and see what people over there recommend. I too have always used Nature's Miracle. There are other similar enzyme-based products out there that people swear by.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pet forum

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 9:35AM
eteinne

graywings is right about the enzyme-based broducts. I had a friend who was a carpet cleaner years ago and used this big syringe which looked like what you would use for marinade injection today. He would poke it through the backing of the carpet and inject the emzyme product into the padding and that would take care of the smell. Good luck. Most Vets will selll U this product.

Bookmark   July 20, 2010 at 2:03PM
More Discussions
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
Mold/ Mildew out of clothing, Can it be done?
I have a pink and a blue shirt that were not unpacked...
saphire
Dishes smell 'fishy' after dishwasher
All my dishes and flatware have a funky sort of odor...
michelle_phxaz
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
Sponsored Products
Educational Insights Hot Dots Jr Educational Cards & Pen Set - Beginning Phonics
$36.99 | Hayneedle
Brauner Hanging Light
| Dot & Bo
Dogit Nylon Adjustable Collar - Inked - D0380
$11.99 | Hayneedle
Gavin Prince Dog Figurine
$39.99 | zulily
Dogit Luvz Plush Toy - 73011
$11.65 | Hayneedle
Black Lab Wall Hook
$10.99 | zulily
Medium Classic Twill Bolster Bed - Blue/Khaki Piping Dog Bed