Half sheet pans in a Miele?

gin_ginApril 26, 2013

Can anyone tell me if they fit?

I loathe my current loud,rusty dishwasher, but 1 thing it has going for it is that there is one spot on the far left I can fit a half sheet pan. After looking at the Miele in the store, I doubt it will fit. Yes, I know, I should've brought the pan with me. If anybody here knows, I appreciate it.

Thanks,
Virginia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
a2gemini

It depends - they will fit side to side but not standing totally upright - they need to take a bow to fit or you can put on the top shelf. It limits how much other stuff you can load into it.

Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 4:39PM
deeageaux

I have a La Perla II.

If I adjust the middle rack all the way up all I need is about a 10 degree angle from perpendicular for them to fit. It would be difficult to place them and have them stay perpendicular for the entire cycle anyway.

The middle shelf will still fit tall glasses in this position. There is rarely something I want to fit there that won't fit in the middle or bottom rack when doing a load.

Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 5:04PM
gin_gin

Thanks A2Gemini & Deeageaux. 10 degree angle is not too bad, that's a lot better than I was expecting. Thanks again.
V.

Bookmark   April 26, 2013 at 6:33PM
colin3

I just tried one in mine (Futura Dimension). While I can get it in at a slight angle as described above, it will prevent the rotating water-spraying thingy that hangs from the middle rack from spinning. Not a disaster, but probably not good for overall wash quality.

I have a bunch of half-sheet pans and I always wash them in the sink. Lining them, with parchment or silicone mats, is a big help.

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 12:33AM
deeageaux

In mine the sprayer will freely spin placing at a slight angle.

I can place perpendicular if I let the sprayer catch.

If the sprayer is prevented from spinning the machine stops and alerts me. It can't continue with the obstruction.

Having said that I always use a silicone mat but sometimes they get dirty anyway.

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 3:08AM
More Discussions
Difference between advantium and convection microwave
I had almost decided on the ge advantium (monogram)...
athensmomof3
New cooktop slightly smaller than old cutout in granite
I have a 36 " gas cooktop in my granite countertop...
chirs1
Magnetic SS Refrigerator
My wife and I keep going back and forth on the issue...
greasetrap
Sealed vs Open Gas Burners
What's the difference between sealed gas burners and...
cbarkston
Coffee Machines
What is the best built in coffee machine for your buck?...
J Saleh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™