Any advice on getting a Wolf range/oven below MSRP?

pbx2_gwApril 12, 2012

We've set on getting Wolf equipment but there is no prize for paying retail.

Do the experts here have any tips on how to get a Wolf range or oven below MSRP?

Would love to hear any success stories too.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
a2gemini

Watch for sales - we snagged ours during their fall sale

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 6:25PM
zeebee

Scratch-and-dent or floor model at an authorized dealer. Going-out-of-business sale. Local Craigslist for owners who are renovating and discarding not-so-old appliances.

Also, it is possible since Wolf is switching to sealed burners that current models in inventory with the semi-open burners might be reduced.

The appliance guy I'm probably using can't budge on Wolf MSRPs but cuts elsewhere so the total appliance package is cheaper - waives/reduces delivery, gives good discounts on non-Wolf/SZ fridges, hoods, dishwashers, beverage fridges, etc.

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 7:00PM
Mistman

Also check the higher end appliance outlet stores in your area. They usually have 'live' appliances on the showroom floor for cooking demos, a lot of times these will end up in their outlet store. I know here in the Portland OR area there's an outlet store full of stuff like that and I saw a 48" Wolf range @ the showroom on sale right now for like $5899 or something like that. I know it was cheaper than the Bluestar I ordered, by far.

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 8:18PM
ex007

We were able to get discounts on our Wolf rangetop and range hood last month by buying floor samples. Both pieces had been on the floor less than three months; absolutely no damage/wear. The dealer didn't offer the floor samples, I asked what they would sell the floor samples for. Don't be shy about asking for discounts.

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 9:22PM
cat_mom

Leibert's Royal Green in White Plains, NY offered decent pricing because they were a large dealer of their products (in 2007 at least).

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 11:13PM
Vandit

Damn Mistman. I need a 48 inch wolf range. What business is selling that for 6k?

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 11:37AM
Mistman

Basco in P-Town

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 11:40AM
sprtphntc

i was actually calling the store to see if they had the leibherr frig on display so we could look at it and during the conversation, i asked him what the price of the wolf oven was. he said they are selling the floor model b/c wolf was changing the handle and they had to switch it out.
so i got the oven for cost. never used, had all paper work, and accessories.

i did call wolf to be sure that warranty was still in effect and they said "absolutely"

long story short, ask your appliance dealer and also make phone calls to other dealers... you never know what they have or what they need to get rid of. even if they don'thave anything now, ask when they will be switching out their appliances. if you can wait, then you should be able to save.

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 1:16PM
breezygirl

My Wolf 30" L double ovens were a floor model unit being switched out. Got a great deal on practically new ovens. When I was looking for a similar deal on a 36" built-in fridge, I made a dozen phone calls to appliance stores in the area asking about floor models they might be willing to clear out. No luck locally with a decent price and door swing the direction I needed so I eventually bought on ebay.

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 1:46PM
pbx2_gw

Gr8 advice all! Esp.:
ask your appliance dealer and also make phone calls to other dealers... you never know what they have or what they need to get rid of. .

So simple.

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 2:52PM
vieirab

I've got quotes on a 36" wolf rangetop, 6 burner for $3,378 and the E series single wall oven for $3,637 and that was before any rebates that are currently being offered (if you buy the SZ fridge - 36" $8,100. I think those are below MSRP if not cost.

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 2:55PM
Mistman

That's a good price on an e-series oven, my quote is just under $4k, adding the steam/convection on top total $73xx.

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 4:22PM
finestra

I dealt with a high end appliance store that does a lot of volume in our area and asked for their best price on my sub zeros. I didn't even ask what the MSRP was (even though I knew it from checking the website). I am getting them below the msrp on the wolf/subzero website. I actually emailed the salesman a few days later and asked him if he had spoken to his manager about getting a better price and was able to get an extra hundred off of each already discounted price. Doesn't hurt to ask. Several local places have price match guarantee. Sub zero/wolf are running the promo right now that if you buy a wolf range and a sub zero fridge you can get 1000 or 1500 off. I was only buying a fridge and a freezer, so I couldn't get that deal. But I did get several hundred off of each. Since SZ and Wolf are the same company, you might be able to get the same type of deal.

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 8:52PM
modern_mom35

We got our E Series double ovens at a warehouse sale. They were floor models, but never unpacked. We got our 48" range top off EBay. Also floor model. Both great deals and well below MSrP. As to the range top, we wanted the semi open burners which have been discontinued by Wolf. They pop up pretty regularly on eBay so keep your eyes open if that's what you want. So for us it was a bonus - great deal and exactly what we wanted.

Bookmark   April 14, 2012 at 3:28PM
ci_lantro

I bought my Wolf rangetop at a warehouse sale at a substantial savings. It was a never installed customer return. I'm still kicking myself for passing up on a 36'' used all-gas range that I found on Craig's List for 2K.

Bookmark   April 15, 2012 at 10:06AM
bob4321

Found this on craiglist today. Dealer in ny with floor model wolf range at discount
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/ppd/2955406082.html

Bookmark   April 15, 2012 at 10:20PM
pbx2_gw

Wow - some inspiring stories & ideas here! Keep them coming!!

One concern we have is that we are starting our custom build & are not prepped to handle getting anything delivered right now - even if we did find the right deal...

Bookmark   April 16, 2012 at 12:24PM
Madeline616

Hi Pbx,

You can purchase your appliance now, and most appliance stores will hold it for you, even for several months. The warranty starts from the day of install.

I had my Wolf range held for about 6 weeks, but now I'm looking at a Viking fridge that I won't be ready for until November, and the appliance store said they'd hold it, no prob.

The other option may be to have your contractor hold it in his storage space, but I'm not sure what that would mean for the warranty.

Bookmark   April 17, 2012 at 11:37PM
Vandit

looking for a 48 inch wolf range if anybody sees a discounted model

Bookmark   April 29, 2012 at 7:42PM
jmcgowan

Just ask for a discount. 10%.

Bookmark   April 30, 2012 at 11:33PM
stayhomemom

We shopped Appliance world...they were willing to come down by a little over $1000.00 if we agreed to use a stove they had supplied for a photo shoot...apparently they do that often in that store...Also, if you tell them you are ready to order, and are mearly shopping price, you will be surprised at the numbers they will throw at you...esp if getting a hood too. Have your number ready so you can counter them, and be ready to order immed if they are willing to use that agreement to make it worth your time!! It worked for me. Good luck.

Bookmark   May 2, 2012 at 10:58AM
Vandit

Got my 60 inch dual fuel Wolf for 1/2 of MsRP as it was an in store display model that had been there 3 years. Full warranty.

Bookmark   May 3, 2012 at 9:26AM
va123

Hi I am trying to sell mine it is only a few months old. It is 48" with grill... It is amaizing but I decided I need the griddle. Lmk if u r interested

Bookmark   June 30, 2013 at 8:16PM
elite1

va123 I am interested in your 48" Wolf. Contact me with your best price

Bookmark   October 10, 2013 at 1:35AM
More Discussions
New Bluestar elec wall oven vs New Viking french door wall oven
Has anyone had a chance to use either the New BlueStar...
sherry0117
Ordered my BlueStar!
I ordered and paid my deposit on my BlueStar on Saturday....
Debbi Branka
Getting the most out of Miele Masterchef?
Probably a dumb question... There are a lot of different...
schicksal
New Bluestar RCS model - Any Info? (RCS366BV2)
Most of the 36" RCS models are RCS36IRV1 right...
kwest2
ELECTROLUX ICON FREESTANDING DUAL-FUEL RANGE or KITCHEN AID
I am about to purchase a dual –fuel, 30 “freestanding...
AreBe
Sponsored Products
Wolf Trail Patchwork Toss Pillow 16 x 16 Inch
$23.95 | Bellacor
Napoleon Grill Cover for 308 and Ultra Chef 405 Series - 63161
$62.00 | Hayneedle
Wolf Sleep Accents Renewal Full-size Mattress and Foundation Set
Overstock.com
Jasper Sofa
FRONTGATE
Wolf Posture Premier Luxury Pillowtop Full-size Mattress
Overstock.com
Sherry Kline Grey Wolf Faux Fur Decorative Pillow (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Napoleon Mirage BIM730RBI Built-in Grill with Infrared Searing Burner Multicolor
Hayneedle
Design Toscano Sinister Simon Giant Skull Sculpture - CL5054
$117.90 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™