appliance decisions..

suburbanjulsApril 29, 2013

Hi all,

So I need to finalize my appliances so I can order cabinets(Barker). Here's what I have so far

Bluestar 36" Rangetop 6 burners
Broan 1200 CFM hood E64E42SS (42''W by 10" H)
Miele Dimension 5765 SCSF
Fridge-existing (1yr old) LG LFX21976 french door
Wolf steam oven
??? Wolf E series 30 inch wall oven???

I feel confident about all my choices thanks to extensive shopping, demos, and reading here. All except the wall oven.
While it's true that any brand can have problems, I want to make the best informed decision at the time that I can.

A range is out of the running for me, so if I were not to do the Wolf, what else I should look at instead?

All advice is welcome, Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

Wolf is an excellent choice and matches your steam oven.

Another excellent, and IMO slightly better option is Gaggenau. Side opening door so you don't have to reach over a hot oven door to get your bakeware. Also has built in air catalyzer to clean air of grease before exiting into your kitchen among other cool features.

You may also want to look at a Gaggenau steam oven. It does not have a water tank like Wolf but is plumbed in and has better variable control on the amount of steam.

Gaggenau steam oven has a bit less room than the Wolf steam oven but unless you serve a platoon of Navy seals steamed veggies on a regular basis I don't think that is an issue.

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 3:59PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suburbanjuls

Thanks for the vote of confidence, sometimes I think I just need validation! While I would love to say that price doesn't matter, only function I cannot justify the yikes I felt when looking up the price of those lovely Gaggenaus.

I think I will make sure to use their installer to get the extra year warranty, instead of my contractor. Then cross my fingers and hope for the best!

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 6:12PM
More Discussions
Anyone with a double oven range wish they had gone with wall ovens?
My DH thought we'd get a double oven range, but I like...
happyallison
Fisher Paykel RF201ADX4 - Anyone have this fridge??
Hi Everyone, This fridge has a pretty good price right...
LiliReno
Blue Star grill igniter--is it broken?
My Blue Star grill is becoming finicky when I try to...
nycbluedevil_gw
Fisher Paykel Dishwasher Drawers-do you have them?
I am in need of guidance. From what I can gather, it's...
beekeeperswife
Daily Luxury Convenience (Combi Steam) vs. Tried & True Dbl Oven
I asked questions about the steam oven last month....
lawjedi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™