Stainless Steel Appliance Cleaners?

shortyboomJuly 11, 2009

We have all stainless steel appliances (frig, dishwasher, range, microwave). Any recommendation on good cleaners? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seattlemike

After trying several products over the years, all with limited success, we started using Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish a couple of years ago. Bingo! Great stuff! We get it at WalMart. We also found that using cloth baby diapers works the best. After spraying the polish on the appliance, we use one diaper to spread the polish and another one to buff. That second buffing cloth is key: needs to be very clean and dry. No fabric softener when washing them. Good luck!

Bookmark   July 11, 2009 at 8:11PM
ccjc

"Sheila Shine" is a great product. A little goes a long way. I learned of this through my housekeeper. I can't find it locally, but have to purchase it over the internet.

Bookmark   July 11, 2009 at 9:26PM
lishaana

I use the weiman cleaner as well and found that microfiber cloths make a big difference. For light cleaning, I've had some success with the pledge stainless wipes.

Bookmark   July 20, 2009 at 9:15AM
mom1234

shiela shine . It stinks but works well.

Bookmark   July 20, 2009 at 12:37PM
lily313

Microfiber cloths and warm water. This is actually the answer I found on this forum when we purchased stainless appliances last year. It's easy, convenient, very low cost, and no need to use any chemicals.

Bookmark   July 21, 2009 at 6:23PM
kelly726

I use Stainless Steel Cleaning Polish by Cerama Bryte. And I use a microfiber cloth to apply it.

Bookmark   July 23, 2009 at 10:55AM
cocontom

The Advantage rec is spam.

The brown can Pledge works well enough, although I wouldn't say I love it. I do like it better than the Weiman wipes. I've heard a commercial product called Spray[something], I think, works well. I've seen it before in restaurant kitchens, it's in a mostly plain white can with either red or blue writing.

Bookmark   July 23, 2009 at 12:55PM
cohoss

I'll second the microfiber cloths suggestion as well as using some club soda in a spray bottle before wiping down. This has worked great for my stainless steele and chrome as well.

Bookmark   July 24, 2009 at 4:57PM
More Discussions
How to clean sliding window and door tracks?
How do you clean sliding window and sliding door tracks? When...
chezron
hard water marks on glasses
Can anyone tell me how to clean hard water marks from...
MIStepMom
40 Mule Team Borax
I have used Borax for many years. The last 3 boxes...
reader77
Home library is musty smelling
I have a wall, floor to ceiling, of built in bookshelves...
liseebird
Has anyone tried Green Works?
I see Costco has Green Works. DH and I are planning...
myclementine
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™