Need help selecting tub/shower system

kelvarApril 12, 2014

We are remodeling a small bathroom off my daughter's bedroom. It has a standard 5' tub/shower combo. We need a good recommendation for a tub/shower system that isn't going to break the bank - at some point it becomes overkill for a small secondary bathroom. I would like a shower head on a slide bar so that it can be removed to help clean the shower walls. Does anyone have a recommendation on a brand/style that is a good quality yet not priced too high? I know price is a subjective, but please, give me your recommendations. I've been on faucetdirect going around and around... Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

Look at Symmons I have heard good things about this product.

Here is an address to a nice setup:
http://www.symmons.com/Bathroom-Products/Dia/Symmons-Dia-Tub-Hand-Shower-System-S-3504-H321-V-CYL-B.aspx

and another in the same style but includes a shower head as well as a hand shower:
http://www.symmons.com/Bathroom-Products/Dia/Symmons-Dia-Shower-Hand-Shower-System-3505-H321-V-CYL-B.aspx

Good luck.

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 7:39AM
sjhockeyfan325

We used Grohe throughout our previous home - I think we had the Atria style (or maybe that's what we got this time, not sure). We did have to replace a valve or two over the 26 years we lived there, but that's all.

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 11:42AM
mydreamhome

We had Delta In2ition in our last house. It combines a standard showerhead with a handheld-the best of both worlds. It was a very economical option--more economical than the slide bar option. Plus there is no drilling into the tile/shower surround for install. Its as simple as changing out a standard shower head. I've posted the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Delta In2ition

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 1:06AM
kudzu9

Take a look at some of the American Standard products. Build.com seem to have a good selection at reasonable prices. I just bought the "Serin" package and -- except for the chrome-plated plastic shower head -- everything else is metal and heavy duty.

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 2:52AM
More Discussions
Shower Size OK?
We're in the middle of a renovation of our master suite...
ntrainer
Need advice. Subway tile on uneven kneewall
So I was kinda pissed off when I walked into my bathroom...
Michael Coates
What is the strongest, best bathroom fan on the market?
We've had mildew in our old bathroom, despite having...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Help choosing a vanity top?
I am trying to choose a vanity tops for my renovated...
singers11
Quality manufacturer of bathroom fixtures?
We would like to purchase the best quality for a low...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™