Need help selecting tub/shower system

kelvarApril 12, 2014

We are remodeling a small bathroom off my daughter's bedroom. It has a standard 5' tub/shower combo. We need a good recommendation for a tub/shower system that isn't going to break the bank - at some point it becomes overkill for a small secondary bathroom. I would like a shower head on a slide bar so that it can be removed to help clean the shower walls. Does anyone have a recommendation on a brand/style that is a good quality yet not priced too high? I know price is a subjective, but please, give me your recommendations. I've been on faucetdirect going around and around... Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

Look at Symmons I have heard good things about this product.

Here is an address to a nice setup:
http://www.symmons.com/Bathroom-Products/Dia/Symmons-Dia-Tub-Hand-Shower-System-S-3504-H321-V-CYL-B.aspx

and another in the same style but includes a shower head as well as a hand shower:
http://www.symmons.com/Bathroom-Products/Dia/Symmons-Dia-Shower-Hand-Shower-System-3505-H321-V-CYL-B.aspx

Good luck.

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 7:39AM
sjhockeyfan325

We used Grohe throughout our previous home - I think we had the Atria style (or maybe that's what we got this time, not sure). We did have to replace a valve or two over the 26 years we lived there, but that's all.

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 11:42AM
mydreamhome

We had Delta In2ition in our last house. It combines a standard showerhead with a handheld-the best of both worlds. It was a very economical option--more economical than the slide bar option. Plus there is no drilling into the tile/shower surround for install. Its as simple as changing out a standard shower head. I've posted the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Delta In2ition

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 1:06AM
kudzu9

Take a look at some of the American Standard products. Build.com seem to have a good selection at reasonable prices. I just bought the "Serin" package and -- except for the chrome-plated plastic shower head -- everything else is metal and heavy duty.

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 2:52AM
More Discussions
New build master bath layout help please
I’m a little stuck, and looking for ideas. In the...
am_e
Toilets, anyone?
Ten years ago we put in the Toto Ultramax after reading...
anniel58
So upset about marble floor
This is how my expensive marble basket weave floor...
aiallega
Replacing The Hideous Blue Bathroom
I started removing the tile from the tub surround....
christina222_gw
Lighted Tub/Shower Niche
Anyone ever wire a light into your shower niche? I...
monicakm_gw
Sponsored Products
Giant Chocolate Cake
$110.00 | Horchow
Oxygen Lighting | Crescent LED Vanity Light
$415.00 | YLighting
Leaf Antique Gold 48-inch to 86-inch Curtain Rod
$24.95 | Bellacor
Acrylic Modern Design LED Desk Lamp with Dimmer Switch Orange
ParrotUncle
Posture Support 14" E King Adjustable Platform Frame
Overstock.com