Bathroom Remodeling

elk2000April 18, 2012

Hi,

I am planning to remodel my son's bathroom. It is small,and has bathtub only. The tub has very cheap appliances so all will be replaced. What I want to have is: a rain shower head with shower arm, a separate handheld shower next to it, new tub spout and faucet. So, 3 ways to get water. I don't need setup to get water from more than one output at the time. I also don't want tub spout with built-in diverter. Please help me determine what appliances I actually need to control where the water is coming from. Are there tub faucets that have built in 3 way diverter or it has to be all separate?

I'll be getting some plumbing estimates, but don't want to appear absolutely clueless :-)

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

This is helpful if you haven't seen it yet. see the link below. Mongoct has a lot of info in this post and may be of help.

Here is a link that might be useful: FAQ for Dummies ;)

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 5:23PM
elk2000

I did review it. Great info! Thank you!

Can someone recommend 3 way diverter so that it controls tub spout, shower head and hand-held shower? Are there shower faucets with built-in 3-way diverter or I have to purchase it separately? Don't really want to make more than 1 hole for shower trim. I've read recommendations for Simmons brand, but couldn't see if they have 3-way switches.

Bookmark   April 20, 2012 at 9:30PM
harry_wild

What type of bathtub is it? It is a stand alone or one that is embedded between the walls of the bathroom with the shower attached to a wall?

Bookmark   April 21, 2012 at 4:59AM
elk2000

It's a standard embedded between the walls buthtub. Yes, showers are attached to the wall.

Bookmark   April 21, 2012 at 11:37AM
More Discussions
Help choosing a vanity top?
I am trying to choose a vanity tops for my renovated...
singers11
What is really new in bathroom renovating?
Although I'm more a retro/classic kind of person, I'm...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Master Bath Remodel...Floorplan help!
Hello all, I am in the planning stages of a master...
fst96se
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
What is the strongest, best bathroom fan on the market?
We've had mildew in our old bathroom, despite having...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™