microwaves

oysterolApril 16, 2014

I have read every Amazon review in trying to decide on a microwave purchase..ALL of them seem to be terrible..and share my same experinece with others on replacing an older microwave that lasted 10-15 years.with new ones lasting an average of only 2-5 years..Why such a drop in reliability...Does anyone have any verifiable repair data that would indicate what the least repair prone brands are...or ones that are significanly worse...or is it just a crap shoot?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weissman

The vast majority of MWs are made by Sharp and often rebranded. I believe that GE and Panasonic make MWs as well. Like all commodities these days, people want low prices and to compete, manufacturers cut corners to cut costs.

Bookmark   April 16, 2014 at 6:43PM
weissman

All products on amazon have a range of reviews - even the best products will have their share of 1-star reviews. Some of the bad reviews are simply because the product arrived late - I'm not joking. Also, people who are happy don't post nearly as often as people who are unhappy. Nonetheless, it is true that quality and reliability of nearly everything has gone way down.

Bookmark   April 16, 2014 at 6:47PM
debrak2008

There is a saying, if you have a negative experience you will tell ten people, if you have a positive experience you tell one. Don't ignore the reviews just keep them in perspective.

I was worried about ge microwaves based on online reviews. Then I asked here on this forum and got positive responses. I bought the mw and am happy with it.

Bookmark   April 16, 2014 at 9:06PM
More Discussions
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
Double Gaggeneau Oven vs. Single with Microwave/Convection
We are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen. I...
C C
True Refrigerator (residential)
I came across this beautiful photo of a True refrigerator...
ltislander
48 inch Bertazoni Dual Fuel or MIELE Range and Combi Oven Steamer
I am putting my options of getting the range. I have...
hkwan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™