custom shower details - need advice

phiwwyApril 24, 2012

Hi - we're in the final stage of planning the master bath and placing all the orders.

The countertop will be ivory supreme granite, which looks like a marble and is quite white, with grey.

The floor tile and shower tile will be a dark-ish gray - slate-looking tile. The shower walls white large format subway and accent panel, niches in marble.

There will be a bench as this will be a steam shower.

Question 1 - for the face of the bench - do I continue the 2x2 gray floor tile or switch to white subway?

Question 2 - for the shower door vertical edges - do i use more of the granite/solid surface or the white bullnose?

The shower door threshold will be granite as will the top of the knee wall be granite. Glass door and glass above the kneewall.

Question 3 - from the main floor up to the shower threshold - do i tile that in white or the gray?

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catbuilder

1)I prefer to use the wall tile on the face of the bench.
2)Your choice
3)What are you doing in the rest of the bathroom where the wall meets the floor?

Bookmark   April 24, 2012 at 5:47PM
phiwwy

we are not planning to tile the bathroom walls - just wall and wood baseboard at the bottom. The vanity goes end to end on one wall, the 2nd wall is the windowed wall, 3rd wall is the toilet and entry and 4th wall is the shower and closet.

Thanks for your input - was toying with using the wall tile on the face of the bench.

for question 2 - what is typically done, any idea?

thanks again!

Bookmark   April 24, 2012 at 9:32PM
phiwwy

one more question about this - the shower will have a knee wall beside it, glass on top. If I tile between the shower threshold and the floor, do I continue that wall tile across the knee wall also?

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 9:54AM
More Discussions
Do I really need a steam shower?
We are in the process of finalizing plans for redoing...
attygirl
What do you think about tiling the ceiling of the shower?
This dovetails with previous posts where I've discussed...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Prevent damage-remove and apply polish to your fingernails/toenails
I am concerned about damage to porcelain floor tile...
risforremodel
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
Can you offer links to online Tile Retailers?
Just wanted to get a start at looking at tile. Anyone...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™