Miele Single Induction Burner, no vent - in a corner, bad idea?

CarolNYCApril 16, 2013

Hi, We are thinking of placing a single 12 inch induction burner with no vent in a corner of a kitchen. There would be a window on one side, above the unit. The instructions say the unit can be placed 2 inches from a wall; our placement will be almost 3 inches from the back wall and 2 inches from the side wall. Any ideas please as to whether this is a bad idea? Trying to figure out how much steam there will be and whether it will melt the paint (benjamin moore natura) on the wall and window sill. We haven't cut a whole in the countertop yet for the induction burner.... At this point, there is no other place in the kitchen it can go, so it's here or a return to the store. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wallycat

I know I am in the minority, but I am not a vent-worrier.
I think there are some folks who think back on their parents homes, etc...and venting was rarely a consideration (granted BTU output was much lower). We have a vent over the island that I almost never turn on *blush* . I have induction.

My biggest comment would be to determine the largest pot or pan you planned to use on the induction unit and make sure it did not bump into the walls. A 12" fry pan still has overhanging sides and would hit the back and side wall, which would mean it could not be centered on the unit.

If that isn't an issue for you, I would not worry about venting (my humble opinion). If you want induction and it doesn't fit there, can you get a portable unit and pull it out when you need it?

Bookmark   April 16, 2013 at 7:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CarolNYC

Thanks so much! I think you are right about the venting...I also like your idea about the portable unit though. Just realized that a small prep sink is to the left of the unit so there really won't be a good place to put utensils. Think I am going to try to move electric above counter & go with a portable unit. Thanks again.

Bookmark   April 16, 2013 at 7:23PM
More Discussions
Bluestar Electric French Door Wall Oven
Who has one? would love to hear about it! I love the...
Dietitian
High end appliances thermador vs. dacor
I currently have dacor ovens. I am trying decide brands...
mcaprizs
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
Increased price for high end appliances
Hi All, Sorry for the long post - I'm getting incredibly...
loveumms
American Range? Buyer Beware!
It is with big frustration that I am reporting an unacceptable...
foodiefrog
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™