OT--but I need advice

luvstocraftJuly 27, 2008

I read all of your advice here often, and respect your opinions. Hoped you might share your thoughts/experience with me before I spend money on a mattress for our motor home.

Do any of you have a sleep number mattress? What's your thoughts about them?

We've tried one out and gotten a price quote for a queen size one. It was very comfortable and I liked the fact that each side could be adjusted separately--but with all the tubes and the pump, seems like so many things that could malfuntion.

Before I spend this kind of money--over $1,000--I just like to hear other's experiences/suggestions.

Luvs

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michelle_phxaz

You are right, it is off topic, try posting this in the furniture forum, you will get better results. Good luck!

Bookmark   July 27, 2008 at 8:15PM
graywings123

I don't have one so I can't give an opinion. I know it has come up in conversations on the Decorating board as well. Do a search with the words "sleep number" - including the parens - and you will see lots of threads on the subject.

Bookmark   July 27, 2008 at 8:45PM
jannie

I just spent $1300 on a bed from Sleepys. It's a Serta mattress, extra tall, with a "pillow" top. We're very happy with it, but this just gives you an idea of what prices are like out there. Getting a "premium" mattress for a grand seems like a bargain. Good luck and have fun shopping!

Bookmark   July 27, 2008 at 11:58PM
pjgolden1

I have a sleep number mattress. It has the pillow top. My husband and I love it. he's a 40 and I range between a 45 to 65 at times. I've had it about 5 years now and moved houses with it one time. We both love it. We've had everything from cheap mattresses to motionless waterbed to expensive conventional mattress. I hope that I can always have a sleep number bed. The only down side that I've had is that my side of the bed, I have to pump up more often. I think I have a super tiny leak in a tube. (dang dog chewing under the bed is my guess) but it's never been so much as a problem to even try and get it fixed under warranty. We both love it. I know when we bought it, it was a huge chunk of change for us, but it was worth it.

Good luck on your decision...
PJ

Bookmark   July 28, 2008 at 1:03AM
tralee5

Hi
My husband and I stayed at a Radisson Hotel once and they had Sleep Number mattresses in the rooms. Maybe you could see if that is universal because it seemed as if they were promoting them. We thought it was very comfortable. Perhaps the next time you need a hotel you could deliberately stay at a Radisson in order to test it out for a night. Just an idea....

Here is a link that might be useful: Radisson Sleep Number

Bookmark   July 28, 2008 at 8:59AM
luvstocraft

Thanks for your responses. I'm really glad to find that those of you who have them really love them and have not had any major or frequent problems. We are going to check into a couple of other brands, and then try to make a good decision--crossing fingers here! LOL

Luvs

Bookmark   July 29, 2008 at 1:01PM
tsy72001

We have a posturpedic and spent $4000. It is the best purchase that we have ever made.

Bookmark   July 29, 2008 at 2:27PM
More Discussions
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
bryce5
easiest way to clean silk plants?
I have a bunch of silk plants, mostly in my kitchen...
drcindy
Jetted Tub Cleaning - I'm at my end point!
Hello everyone, I know this subject has been posted...
Auroras_Envy
Castile Soap Dilemma
This has probably been gone over, but I would like...
harlowolivia
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
Sponsored Products
Chocolate Mocha Cake
$95.00 | Horchow
WAC White Xenon 36" Wide Under Cabinet Light Bar
Euro Style Lighting
Cast Iron Rooster Doorstop
Signature Hardware
Set of Two Steppe Table Lamps
Grandin Road
Gold Bedroom Lamps: 1-Light Table Lamp Brushed Aged Gold Finish CLI-LS446231
Home Depot