Leather furniture

brownthumbiaJuly 6, 2013

What is the best thing to use to clean (dust) dark brown leather furniture?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana

I just use a lightly dampened microfiber cloth. I then wipe it with a dry microfiber cloth to catch any dust or link that was missed by the damp one.

Sue

Bookmark   July 8, 2013 at 12:20PM
dbfirewife

I dust mine regularly with a Swiffer duster then occasionally use Mother's leather cleaner/conditioner. It is in a red spray bottle in the automotive section at Walmart. It smells wonderful and works great.

Bookmark   July 9, 2013 at 3:56PM
cohoss

I use a damp microfiber on mine as well and occasionally will use a PH-balanced cleaner on them once or twice a year. After any type of cleaning, be sure to condition them with a leather conditioner (like the one mentioned above). The worst thing for leather is for it to dry out. The conditioner keeps the leather supple and makes future cleaning easier.

Bookmark   July 15, 2013 at 12:17AM
Divyah

For leather, simply wiping the furniture down with a dry cotton cloth in routine is the basic care.

Bookmark   October 1, 2013 at 8:18AM
More Discussions
40 Mule Team Borax
I have used Borax for many years. The last 3 boxes...
reader77
How to clean sliding window and door tracks?
How do you clean sliding window and sliding door tracks? When...
chezron
ink marks
How to remove ink (lines from a pen) on a sofa? Also,...
kathyg_in_mi
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
bryce5
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™