Free standing tub suggestions

yellowchucks7April 29, 2013

Hello all.

My sweet hubby and I are in the final stages of our plans, so while we're finishing that up I wanted to get some helpful hints or suggestions on picking out our master bath free standing tub. (soaking tub, no air) Have any of you ordered one online? If so from what site? I'm hoping to get info from someone who has actually seen/used the product. I'd like a sturdy, well built tub. (I've seen combos that include fixtures, are these good deals?) I just can't bring myself to pay $6 or $7K for a tub! Am I crazy, or can you find them for much less? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
writersblock

No specific recommendation, but try vintage tub or signature hardware.

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 10:16AM
kitbun

I bought one off of Costco's website for around $1,000.00. I have not installed it yet but it gets good reviews online and Costco has a great return policy.

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 11:10PM
aurorasur

We're doing the Maax Ella Sleek which is south of $2k. Ferguson guy said he's seen builders put these in $1m homes with a $1500 fixture! It's acrylic but doesn't look it. one good thing about it is that you can deck mount through the back interior of the tub to the floor, hiding the plumbing. (As opposed to the extra cost of freestanding plumbing outside of the tub). I know there are more technical plumbing terms for all of this but anyways, that's the direction we're going in.

Bookmark   May 3, 2013 at 8:41PM
More Discussions
Grout experts, Fusion Pro, Kerapoxy, Spectralock, Bostik?
Or Tec Power grout? I'm trying to choose something...
happyallison
Does anyone have their light switch NOT by the BR door?
Our new bathroom will be 5' deep by 11' long. There...
southofsa
shower pan worries. Is any of his method correct?
Unsure about my plumber's method. Could I get some...
mmaggied
Anyone installed a Geberit in wall tank?
DH is getting ready to do the install in a 2 x 4 wall,...
numbersjunkie
Tub surround - replace or embrace?
We're remodeling our MB on a tight $5k. DIY'ing everything...
alidanae
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™