Carpet solution question

cohossJuly 7, 2009

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to help a friend clean his carpets next weekend. He has two dogs and lot of stains (primarily old vomit stains) and lots of areas of dark gunk (I'm assuming oil and dirt from the dogs because it tends to accumulate where they lie).

I've been using Charlie's Soap (half strength dilution) in my own carpet cleaner and have had OK results.

My friend's sister recommended Folex -- I've seen it before but don't remember where. She claims it's doing a good job on her berber carpets and a decent job on cut pile. Does anyone have any history of using this product and were the results good?

I also thought I'd try pretreating the really dirty areas with a very light solution of Tide and a scrub brush to help break down the fats and oils and dirt and then rinse/vac a few times to see if that helps with the stubborn areas.

ANy other suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
moneysaver

I've had good luck with Oxyclean. I use a scoop or two dissolved in hot water in a rental machine and carpets come out looking great.

Bookmark   July 7, 2009 at 8:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dbardot

The best cleaner is a product called "A Clear Choice".
I have Folex which is good, but "A Clear Choice" will make spots disappear before your eyes!

Bookmark   July 8, 2009 at 3:30PM
More Discussions
X smoker preparing house for Grand Baby
I need help! My son and daughter inlaw are expecting...
johndeere
HELP! Clear Glass Shower Doors w/ hard water stains
I have extremely hard water and have clear glass shower...
kristinamaria
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
How to rid house of dog smell
I'm doing a temporary rental (sold my house finally...
lisa77429
vacuuming problem
I have fairly new bedroom carpeting and my Hoover vacuum...
eviemp
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™