thank you to someone - carpet spot cleaner

gibby2015July 17, 2010

I'm sure it was someone here but I can't remember where I read it. Someone suggested Woolite with Oxyclean for cleaning carpet spots. I have geriatric cats who have had a variety of ailments and barfing problems. They're all in pretty good shape right now but I have a bunch of carpet stains that I've tried all kinds of things on including the spot bot machine. I was about to see about having someone come in to clean the carpet though what I really need now and long term is a good spot cleaner. Inevitably I am going to have barfing cats again in the future.

Anyway, I read the recommendation about the Woolite and thought what the heck - might's well try this. It had a $ off coupon on the bottle which was nice. So I tried this on all my spots - which are at least a year old - some maybe longer. Well, I am amazed - this stuff completely cleaned every spot!!! I really can't believe it.

So thank you to whoever mentioned that here and for anyone else looking for a carpet spot cleaner that reallly works - this is it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

Thanks for the recommendation for Woolite. I've also used Spot Shot (both kinds) and find they get up old and new pet stains.

Bookmark   July 17, 2010 at 3:46PM
rlthomas7

I didn't see the original post, but I'm interested. What is the ratio of woolite to oxyclean? And is it oxyclean powder or liquid? I guess I'm looking for the "recipe"!

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 12:36PM
gibby2015

tlthomas7 - there's no recipe - it's a Woolite carpet spot cleaning product with oxyclean in it. You just buy a bottle - spray - rub - spot gone.

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 6:42PM
More Discussions
HELP! Clear Glass Shower Doors w/ hard water stains
I have extremely hard water and have clear glass shower...
kristinamaria
nylon jacket stains
Hi, I have a cute green nylon jacket that has normal...
mimilm
X smoker preparing house for Grand Baby
I need help! My son and daughter inlaw are expecting...
johndeere
vacuuming problem
I have fairly new bedroom carpeting and my Hoover vacuum...
eviemp
Grout
An electric toothbrush and Listerine + clean grout....
jak4
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™