Rust mark

deb_paJuly 14, 2009

We bought a motorhome a couple years ago and it was in perfect shape. One annoying thing, the roll out awning has a rust mark the width (15 feet)and about 4 inches high. I think it may have come from rolling it up wet. I have tried bleach and CLR but it won't come off. Of course it is in the white stripe not the brown! These awnings are $700 to $1000 and I don't really want to buy a new one when this one is only about 4 years old and in excellent condition. Please help. I couldn't find a camper site so thought there might be ideas here. Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
arizonarose

I bet this is going to sound weird to you, but I had a huge rusty spot on the garage floor and I sprinkled lemonade (kool-ade package) on it then wet it down and let it sit for about and hr. Then I scrubbed it w/a brush and it came out. Could you maybe try that? A neighbor told me about doing this, now I keep the lemonade flavored kool-ade packs on hand for stain removal.

Bookmark   July 14, 2009 at 6:08PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

Is there a tag on the fabric that says what the material is? Or a brand name on the awning?

Bookmark   July 14, 2009 at 6:29PM
More Discussions
Cat Urine in Carpet
What is the best product and method for removing cat...
kwie2011
Cuisinart Stainless Steel Coffee Pot. How to clean?
It's thermal. But I can't get the coffee stains out....
Suzi AKA DesertDance
How often should I wash area rug?
We have a washable (in a large capacity laundromat...
Valerie Emmerich
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™