Microfiber cloths - leaving dust behind on mirrors

peabody1July 31, 2008

I have some Durafiber microfiber cloths that are great for cleaning, but I'm having a problem with them leaving what I'll call dust behind on the mirrors and glass doors. I shake them outside and wash them in the washer alone...no other items besides the microfiber cloths. Use vinegar in the rinse water. Dry on low. I use a color-coded method...using a certain color for glass/mirros only. So I'm NOT dusting the furniture and then cleaning the glass with the same rag. What should I be doing differetnly so I won't have this dust or lint left behind on the glass?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toile

Peabody,
Are you using the regular microfiber or the blue suede micro glass one?

I use a micro fiber squeegee scrubber, then a rubber squeegee, and then only wipe any hidden drops with the blue suede micro made for glass/mirror.

Toile :)

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 1:50PM
toile

Peabody, I wanted to get back with you today.
I cleaned someone else mirror today and I had fibers on the mirror from the cloths too...
I am going to try again tomorrow, and also wash these and try yet again.
The only thing I can determine is that I set the cloths down on their floor for a little while but I doubt thats the issue.....

Bookmark   August 5, 2008 at 9:31PM
bookert

peabody1,
I have the same problem using the yellow Costco microfiber towels on mirrors. They leave tiny fiber debris that really shows!
I bought some kitchen microfiber towels that are sold online @ Costco and are waffle weave texture. THEY work fantastic! I plan on buying a few packs of them to use for cleaning I like them so well!
I'll continue to use the yellow ones for car washing or heavy cleaning etc...
Hope this helps!

BTW, Costco refunds shipping costs if you don't like something and have to take it back to the B&M store.

Bookmark   August 19, 2008 at 9:21PM
mara_2008

I've used newspaper on mirrors and windows for years, without a streak or lint left behind. I like to use either store-brand window cleaner (Wal*Mart's is less than $1 per bottle) or vinegar/water spray. Cheap and effective. :-)

Bookmark   August 20, 2008 at 4:04AM
More Discussions
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
Sink Scratches
My white (porcelain?) sink gets silvery scratch marks...
jinnufr
How to clean sliding window and door tracks?
How do you clean sliding window and sliding door tracks? When...
chezron
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™