What about cleaning pollen from windows?

ninelargecJuly 8, 2009

There is still a thin film of yellow pollen on my windows, and I can't stand to see it there any longer! If you've got allergies like I do, I'm sure that you know what I mean.

So there are a few different ways of cleaning windows from the outside, but there is a new Windex outdoor cleaning tool and I'm wondering if anyone has tried it yet.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sirilucky

I wish to help you with the process in which i prefer cleaning my windows.
Gather your supplies, including the squeegee, household sponge, plastic scrubby (same you use for Silverstone or Teflon surfaces), soft, white and absorbent cotton rags, a bucket with cleaning solution made of:

* 1/2 Cup Ammonia
* 1/2 C White Vinegar
* 2 TBL. Cornstarch
* 3/4 Gal. of Warm Water

Stir the above ingredients gently making sure that the cornstarch is thoroughly dissolved.

Dip the sponge into the solution, beginning at the top and work your way down. Be generous with the solution and apply with a rotating motion making sure you get right up against the window casings, top to bottom and side to side. When the window has been thoroughly covered, you might use the scrubby and go over it again while it is still wet to dislodge any dried on dirt. Work fast. Then you can go over the surface again with the sponge.

Take one of the soft clean cotton rags and run it along the top edge of the glass, drying about 3-4 inches down from the top. Then take the squeegee and begins wiping the solution from the window, using strong, smooth strokes. Start at the top and work down. At the end of each stroke, wipe the blade of the squeegee with your soft clean rag. Continue until the whole window has been dried with the squeegee. You may have to use your soft absorbent rag to go around the edges and mop up solution that dripped.

Bookmark   July 8, 2009 at 10:44AM
More Discussions
Dishes smell 'fishy' after dishwasher
All my dishes and flatware have a funky sort of odor...
michelle_phxaz
Jetted Tub Cleaning - I'm at my end point!
Hello everyone, I know this subject has been posted...
Auroras_Envy
40 Mule Team Borax
I have used Borax for many years. The last 3 boxes...
reader77
How to Clean a Disgusting Plastic Shower Floor
I have purchased a property that has what I believer...
lgal63
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
Sponsored Products
36" Copper Farmhouse Sink -Single Well Farmhouse Copper Sinks
Artisan Crafted Home
Hand-tufted SandyGeo Grey Geometric Shapes Wool Rug (2'6 x 8')
Overstock.com
Alice Polished Nickel Plug-In Double Wall Sconce
Lamps Plus
Burgundy Pleated Microfiber Sheet Set
$24.99 | zulily
Stacy Garcia Lemongrass Florence 13 1/2" Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Morrison Tufted Area Rug
$99.00 | FRONTGATE
Authentic Models Museum Around The World Mobile
$89.50 | LuxeDecor
Colonial Mills Twisted Storage Basket - 18 diam. x 12 in. - TW39A018X018