Need help with masterbath tiles~~ !!

blueyoungApril 29, 2013

I'm buying a new construction house. At first I thought it was great since I get to pick whatever I like. It turns out to be real pain! First, I can't get whatever I like since the builder charge way too much! Second, even it's cheap, the contractor they use may not have the brand or product I like!

Anyway, after a weeks of research and struggling I have accepted the reality.

The only tile brand we can get is Dal tile. And I found this tile from home depot that looks like a winner.

I'm so confused because of the info on the website. Has anyone used this tile? what do you use for the floor?
I think a lot people used Navelli, but I couldn't find it on Homedepot's website, any thoughts of this one?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Daltile-Cararra-10-in-x-14-in-Ceramic-Wall-Tile-14-58-sq-ft-per-case-MA031014HD1P2/203183266#.UX6zKaJ3apY

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chibimimi

There is a matching floor tile, also on the HD website -- look beneath the tile description for more variations.

Have you seen the tile in person? It's impossible to tell from a website what it really looks like. You cannot see what the sheen is or whether the pattern repeats too closely from tile to tile (a dead giveaway that it's not real stone).

Can you use ANY Daltile or just certain ones? Daltile offers a lot of lines that aren't offered at HD or Lowe's. A "real" tile or flooring shop should be able to show you at least some of them.

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 6:30PM
ChristaM

DalTile has a lot of really good quality, classic tile that I think will do very well for any house. I would pick these:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Daltile-2-in-x-4-in-White-Mosaic-Wall-Tile-010024BWHD1P2/203213517#.UX8B3SufGDo

with one of these for the floor:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Daltile-12-in-x-12-in-White-Ceramic-Octagon-Dot-Mosaic-Tile-65012OCT01CC1P2/100187756#.UX8BtCufGDo

OR

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Daltile-Glazed-Porcelain-13-in-x-13-in-Concrete-Connection-Steel-Structure-Tile-CN9113131P6/202623220#.UX8CvyufGDo

And use the same pale gray grout for walls and floor. Most designers go for simple white tile because it always works. You don't have to overthink it.

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 7:34PM
ChristaM

Here is a pic of a bathroom done with white 2x4 wall tile and hexagon floor tile that looks like what I was thinking you should try. Good luck whatever you choose.

Here is a link that might be useful: White tile bathroom

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 7:51PM
jrueter

If you look through the reviews and customer pictures on the HD website you can get a sense of how much variation there is in the tile patterns. The description doesn't say, but the pictures look like it is a polished rather than matte finish. It looks like it could be a nice, cost effective choice - winner in my book.

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 11:57AM
More Discussions
Shower glass strong enough to hold towel?
We will be getting semi-frameless glass shower walls....
risforremodel
Where to place/plan for grab bars
We are remodeling our hall bathroom (and kitchen)....
crl_
Need advice on best mirror/sconce option in small master bath
My husband and I are FINALLY renovating our master...
cbusgirl41
Layout help
Hello, I wanted to ask for feedback on my planned layout...
caligirl5
Opinions on Water Creation Vanities??
I am strongly considering the Water Creation 72"...
likewhatyoudo
Sponsored Products
The Prayer Contemporary 17-inch Table Sculpture Decor
Overstock.com
Wood Molding & Trim: Home Legend Building Materials Walnut Java 1/2 in. Thick x
$34.78 | Home Depot
Woodcrest Dresser With Mirror Set In Honey
Beyond Stores
Guidecraft PowerClix Classroom Set - G9201
$99.99 | Hayneedle
Socket Pocket- Set of 3
$14.99 | Dot & Bo