Help with a new powder room layout
We're turning our breakfast nook into a powder room and are coming across some layout issues with code! I've attached a picture of the nook with our tentative plan taped out. Ignore the random stickers + craft stuff, that's just how we roll here.
Things to know:
- To the left is the kitchen--we're hoping to create a shallow built-in pantry into the framed bathroom, which is the jig-jog along the bottom left area. This will line up with a pantry just on the other side of the door in the kitchen. I love this. I want to keep it.
- Because of plumbing/venting, the sink pretty much has to be on the left; the toilet, on the right. We need 30" of space behind the toilet and about 20" in front.
-It would be easiest to have the sink pipes come straight up from the small taped-off area with 3 dots.
- the approximate measurements are about 7' on the bottom, 6' on the top (this is an exterior wall with windows), and a rounded 46(ish)" on the left (really more like 38" once we include the pantry), with a rounded 43" on the right. Nothing in this house is straight or even.
- My husband doesn't want the door to be right in the middle because it wouldn't be "symmetrical" with the hallway door that leads to this area, but I'm having a hard time figuring out a way around having it in the middle. There is also a door to the basement just off the lower right hand side of the picture.
- What's the smallest comfortable door? Our contractor thinks we could go down to a 26" door to widen the amount of wall for the toilet.
-Right now a corner toilet is taped in--I was thinking an in-wall toilet against the "new" wall might be even better? Thoughts on corner vs. in-wall?
- We'll probably build a custom vanity for the sink (you can see it taped off on the left side, it's gonna be a super weird shape), putting a small radiator in the vanity. We will need an EENY WEENY sink. Like I don't even know how small sinks get but whatever the smallest sink is, we'll need one of those.
Are there ANY other configurations we could do? We're going to sit down this weekend and really think about whether there are any other options, but we keep getting stuck. I was hoping some new sets of eyes could help us out!
Thanks for any suggestions. :)