Best squeegee to buy???

lizbeth-gardenerJuly 27, 2010

I have a squeegee that doesn't work that well for my tile and glass shower door. Would like to hear what brands you really like/recommend.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kgreenclean

You can choose over this website http://home-and-garden.become.com/shower-squeegee to see what squeegee can work for your home properly. I do recommend buying a squeegee that comes in higher prices because they are more durable and effective. they should be around $20 to $30 bucks..

Here is a link that might be useful: eco friendly cleaning

Bookmark   July 27, 2010 at 1:44AM
lizbeth-gardener

Was really looking for a personal recommendation, rather than a web-site. Anyone out there have a squeegee that works really well ??

Bookmark   July 27, 2010 at 10:35AM
housefairy

Starting to sound like I own a janitorial supply house (not) but go there and get one of the metal ones. They're kind of a brassy color with a blade that can be replaced. They will also fit on a pole. The name on mine are called Ettore. They are so old, but it does look like they still make them. They also sell one that you can put a "bonnet" on to clean/scrub high windows. I thought I also saw some at the Home Depot, but I didn't stop and check the name brand.

Here's their web site, just so you know what you are looking for.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ettore squeegees

Bookmark   July 27, 2010 at 1:17PM
allora

I used squeegees on tile and doors for years but have since changed to a large microfiber cloth. Just wring it out and it is ready to use again. Change the cloth as needed....2-3 weeks or so.

Bookmark   July 28, 2010 at 6:43PM
livebetter

I have this one from Casabella. I bought it at a Restoration Hardware store. Not sure if RH still has them or not. I bought mine a few years ago but if this is still the same quality it is very good. You can clip it on the shower head too which I love.

I also have the brass kind mentioned above that I use for hardcore cleaning of windows along with a "wooly". Not practical for the shower in my book.

Here is a link that might be useful: Casabella Clip-on Silicon Squeegee

Bookmark   July 28, 2010 at 9:13PM
lizbeth-gardener

housefairy: thanks for the info. Sounds like it would work well on windows. I never think to go to janitorial supply houses.

allora: thanks also for the microfiber reminder. I have got to try those for more things than I do-I hear so many raves about them!

livebetter: thanks. I think you hit on what I am wanting for my shower!!

Bookmark   July 29, 2010 at 3:44PM
cab3014

I have the OXO Good Grips squeegee purchased at Amazon.com for $6.95, but I'm sure it can be found elsewhere, also. I have had it about four years and I love it. It has a suction holder to stick on the shower wall, then place the squeegee back in the holder after using it. Mine sometimes falls off, but has been in tact for almost a year without finding it on the shower floor. I looked at the user ratings on Amazon and read comments from those who had purchased it, and let their comments guide my purchase. It's excellent and cheap. Hope this helps.

Bookmark   August 9, 2010 at 12:37AM
cab3014

Here is a link to squeegees at Amazon.
amazon.com

Bookmark   August 9, 2010 at 1:01AM
More Discussions
cleaning a burnt-on material from gas fireplace glass
Help! Something ( material unknown) burnt onto the...
clancyspad
How often should I wash area rug?
We have a washable (in a large capacity laundromat...
Valerie Emmerich
cleaning brass & copper
Hello everyone I somehow inherited a box of old old...
laalasa
ink marks
How to remove ink (lines from a pen) on a sofa? Also,...
kathyg_in_mi
40 Mule Team Borax
I have used Borax for many years. The last 3 boxes...
reader77
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™