odor-related gift

bellseekerJune 8, 2009

One of my friend said that her dad was so smelly and asked me any good idea to let him know and get rid of his bad odors. That is a difficult task! I remembered my father. His body, feet and hair smelled pretty badÂ

Anyway, her FatherÂs Day gift should be something related with body odors. I searched online and found interesting T-shirts and socks at www.bluebreeze.us, which are supposed to eliminate body odors. I do not like deodorants because I heard about all the bad effects of deodorants and antiperspirants. So it sounds good to remove body odors by just wearing a T-shirt.

My question: does anyone know if this stuff works?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

First, bellseeker, welcome to GardenWeb.

How old is her dad? Some elderly people lose their sense of smell and then neglect their hygiene.

I would not invest in the type of products that you are researching. The issue is not about products, it is about finding the cause of the problem and addressing that.

I would find it highly insulting to get this type of "gift" for Father's/Mother's Day.

Bookmark   June 9, 2009 at 9:04AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

He may have a health problem, bad teeth, kidney failure, or some blood disorder causing him to "stink'. I once knew a woman with terminal cancer who smelled like sour milk. Ask him if he's had a physical recently, and ask his wife (your mom, making an assumption) if he is tending to his grooming and health. A "gift" of cologne or deodorant is not a good idea. Graywings is right about finding the root cause, not a "product" that will fix it. Goiod luck. This is a tough one.

Bookmark   June 9, 2009 at 10:45AM
More Discussions
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
How often should I wash area rug?
We have a washable (in a large capacity laundromat...
Valerie Emmerich
Grout
An electric toothbrush and Listerine + clean grout....
jak4
Red wine on wall - help!
Hi. We just finished our major kitchen remodel (thank...
nicole93089
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
bryce5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™