Bosch Ovens - New Models vs. Old

Steve_889April 25, 2014

Looking at the Bosch 500 and 800 double ovens. I notice that the current model numbers are 5651 and 8651 while older ones are 5650 and 8650. Controls are different. Anybody have the newer models? Happy with them?
It also seems like the differences between the 500 &800 are the control panels, timer and a telescoping rack in the 800. Really worth an additional $350?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Juno_barks

Good catch, Steve_889. I'm off to look at appliances again this morning, and will ask.
My Bosch oven Q is whether anyone has seen the white one, its a 500-series oven, and I want to know if its the glossy glass-like white, or white metal. If I learn anything interesting, I will report back.

Bookmark   April 26, 2014 at 9:03AM
nadianyc

Also, new this month, the Bosch Benchmark series ovens and product line. I've asked the question about the white Bosch as well, wondering if it's similar to the Miele white finish.

Bookmark   April 26, 2014 at 11:17AM
Steve_889

Local store is having a sale today but, no Bosch on the floor. They do carry the new model but I got the "sale price good today only. . ." Routine and left. Bad as buying a car!

Bookmark   April 27, 2014 at 3:48PM
texasgal47

I'm a serious baker with a Bosch 500 series oven. It works like a dream so I'm happy not to have spent the extra $$$ for the 800 series. In fact, it was in my plans to order a gliding rack to replace a standard. However, the regular ones slide so easily that I never saw the need to spend the extra and the order was never placed.

Bookmark   April 28, 2014 at 9:57AM
More Discussions
Jenn Air Counter Depth Refrigerator
Hi, We will probably be getting the Jenn Air counter...
C C
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
Oven size vs cabinet size
In my search for a new oven I noticed that all have...
dickross
Bluestar Precious Metals - Infused copper
Greetings, I am getting ready to order a 36" 6...
pitcom
Double Gaggeneau Oven vs. Single with Microwave/Convection
We are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen. I...
C C
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™