Which Miele DW is your favorite?
Miele's wesite is horrid... can easily find the information I think I need, but understand virtually none of it. They've organized content by feature rather than by benefit, so unless you fully understand each feature, you have no way of determining which is the best model to suit your needs.
So, looking for your opinions because I know most of you have done this research, AND bought and used them...
1) Which model has worked the best for you, and why? Personally, I feel like the Classic is a bit too entry-level for me, but don't need all of the bells and whistles that makes up the Diamond (such as Delay Start, which I would likely never use). Trying to figure out if the best for us would be Crystal or one of the Dimension models.
2) What the heck is the difference between the Dimension and Dimension Plus? And what benefit do you get from either of these that you don't get with the Crystal?
3) I need part of the cutlery tray to be adjustable to accommodate larger cooking utensils and ladles. If I recall, one line of models has flexibility in the cutlery tray, and others don't. Please advise which of these include flexible cutlery trays. Also, for the SensorDry feature - am I only going to get totally dry dishes if I buy a model that offers this feature? It's only on the higher-end models, but part of the reason I'm not considering re-buying Bosch is because I can't stand their drying technology. I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by buying a lower-end Miele just to have this happen again.
4) What is the information I need to know about water softening prior to buying a Miele DW? I've seen a lot of posts on GW about this, but don't understand them. We have a well with hard water in our home, but a centralized water softener system softened with salt that gets filtered prior to being used by our Bosch for washing dishes. With a Miele, do I want to AVOID their water softening features?? This would impact the model we select, I would think.
5) Looking for advice on whether we should get one or two machines. I realize no one here knows our current situation, but let me explain. We cook A LOT. From scratch, and use a lot of pots and pans. (We look lots of Indian food). We have always felt we needed two machines, but frankly, I wonder if it's because of the poor interior configuration of our 10-year old Bosch, which cleans beautifully, but dries like crap, and wastes a TON of space on the inside, forcing us to do two loads each night. Now that both Bosch and Miele have cutlery trays, thereby including a third rack, it appears to me that the interior space is used a lot more effectively, so I'm wondering if we would still need to get two machines if we bought one of the newer designs (either brand). What do you think? If the design of an older machine made you think you needed two DWs, do you think you would estimate you only needed one machine with a newer design, or would you expect that you'd be 'once a two-DW family, always a two-DW family?'
Thank you for your advice and suggestions!