Dual Compressor vs Dual Evaporator

maccurtApril 14, 2013

Intuitively it would seem to me that, regarding refrigeration/freezing of food, that a dual compressor system would be superior to a dual evaporator system. Cost-wise, depending on brand, these two types of systems can be similar in expense. Is a dual compressor system a superior system, and if so, on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being greatest), how would you rate each system?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alwaysfixin

I can't answer your exact question, but I am linking a thread I posted last year which was a similar theme. We ended up with Samsung french door, with two evaporators, no water in the door. Very pleased. The Liebherrs and Subzeros were out of our price range by many thousands, and wouldn't fit in our existing cabinetry anyway.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread about Dual Compressors and Dual Evaporators

Bookmark   April 14, 2013 at 1:51PM
maccurt

I saw this post, which really does not answer the question. Maybe this is not a concern for most consumers, but when looking for the best in function, price always a consideration, it warrants discussion. Most manufacturers that offer dual compressors as a competitive advantage have moved to a " tower" system, wherein you buy two seperate units, each with their own compressor, and "join" the two units together with trim, i.e. Miele, Liebherr, Gaggenau, Thermador, to name a few. The additional cost for joining a
system with two seperate units approaches infeasibility for most, myself included. Subzero side-by-sides become competitive at this point. Viking, Kitchenaid and others are less expensive but their units have only one compressor.

Here is a link that might be useful: RE: Dual Compressor vs Dual Evaporator

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 12:15PM
jwvideo

Might want to check that link because it just circles back to this thread.

Bookmark   April 27, 2013 at 6:04PM
juliekcmo

This may seem like a strange suggestion, but I suggest you cross-post to the heating and cooling forum. Most HVAC people also know refrigeration. That might give you some more technical information.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 1:21AM
More Discussions
When should a boiler-warranty start?
We have a dispute with the company, that installed...
doofus
Need Help Selecting Propane Cooktop
I am looking to replace an electric cooktop with a...
dandkmom
Gaggenau or Miele combi steam oven?
We are renovating our kitchen and are planning on a...
Treblemaker
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
cancer warning on kitchenaid dw
New kitchenaid dishwasher manual has warnings for chemicals...
kickball
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™