American Range Performer finally on the American Range website!

CWirickApril 9, 2012
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CWirick

Some caveats I found:

Top burner BTU is incorrectly listed as 17k BTU. Actual is 25k BTU for the Performer. I confirmed this by calling American.

Also, typos abound, including in the name of the product itself on some pages ("Preformer???"). Hey, at least there's some progress there. But American needs to understand this lack of attention to detail doesn't inspire consumer confidence.

Bookmark   April 9, 2012 at 12:57PM
Angie_DIY

Preformer vs Performer: Kinda funny! The words appear in text, in menus, and in the actual URL. It seems like the spelling is running right about 50-50 on the right and wrong spelling!

Bookmark   April 9, 2012 at 6:56PM
cat_mom

Open burners or sealed? Conflicting info on their site (in addition to typo/spelling error on the name!).

Bookmark   April 9, 2012 at 9:34PM
oceangirl67

For a company that supposedly has a solid reputation for building a quality product, this sort of thing doesn't inspire confidence. I'd expect this more from a China built company.

Bookmark   April 9, 2012 at 9:46PM
CWirick

Geez, even the model numbers have typos. And the specs page and the owners manual page give 404 errors. Yikes.

I'm seriously considering a Performer due to the cost advantage over the BlueStar, but what kind of company am I dealing with?

Bookmark   April 10, 2012 at 11:14AM
deforestliz

I bought their range and wall oven. The range is great, but the wall oven has broken for the 4th time in 3 1/2 years and they don't understand why I am upset, nor do they know why it is breaking. They feel they have been very generous to offer me the part free of charge with no assurance of not having continual problems. You out there in consumer world can decide if that is generous. I am already out quite a bit of money for the 2 repairs I completed after the initial warranty repair.

Bookmark   February 19, 2015 at 8:23AM
More Discussions
cancer warning on kitchenaid dw
New kitchenaid dishwasher manual has warnings for chemicals...
kickball
Appliance Budget -$15k. How to spend?
We have $15k in our appliance allowance. We need a...
dcnatfan
KitchenAid Dishwasher Leaking Water - Defective Pump Clamp Recall
After dinner, we ran the dishwasher (KitchenAid KUDE60FXSS4)...
mn_runner
Flimsy dishwasher!
I have to admit that I have never heard of most of...
grapefruit1_ar
Keep your fingers crossed -Wolfie oven having DCL circuit error again!
So my Wolf has avoided the dreaded porcelain chipping...
a2gemini
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™