Post on forum Disappeared? Smooth Top

callie25June 22, 2010

I posted this a.m. regarding a spot that I'm unable to clean from my smooth top stove. When I checked a few min ago, the post is no where to be found....can't find it when I searched either. Ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oilpainter

That happens occasionally here, I've had it happen to me. Maybe you forgot to click on submit or maybe it just disappeared--Just repost

Bookmark   June 22, 2010 at 8:03PM
marlingardener

I tried to answer your post, and got a "post cannot be found" message. So I'll give it a go now.
I use Ceramabrite on my black, smooth-top cooking surface. When we moved here it was grungy, to say the least. I managed to clean it pretty well, and then found the Ceramabrite and the little nylon pads and razor blade scraper. Now it looks almost like new. There are a few scratches that I couldn't get out, but all the mung and stains are gone. Good luck with yours!

Bookmark   June 23, 2010 at 7:41AM
rozilla

Bar Keepers Friend is a low-abrasive, low-cost powder (think milder form of Comet) available at WalMart, Dollar Stores etc. that has kept mine clean for 15 years. I do have to haul out the razor-blade scraper once in awhile when some ugly black thing is just flat stuck. Be careful with that thing though--always keep it at a 45% angle or it will scratch.

Bookmark   June 28, 2010 at 11:15AM
More Discussions
Getting Cigarette Smoke Out of Clothes
My daughter's friend gave her a lot of clothes. Friend...
monicakm_gw
40 Mule Team Borax
I have used Borax for many years. The last 3 boxes...
reader77
ink marks
How to remove ink (lines from a pen) on a sofa? Also,...
kathyg_in_mi
hard water marks on glasses
Can anyone tell me how to clean hard water marks from...
MIStepMom
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™