Bissell Pro heat carpet cleaner(how to clean the machine)

debbiep_gwJune 3, 2006

I have a bissell pro heat carpet cleaner and the clear face plate(were the water is carried back up to the tank)from the carpet,anyway this piece which is plastic is becoming dirty with pet hair,etc.Theres no way to remove the piece so I can rinse it out nor is the opening at the bottom large enough to stick something up there to try to reach some of the debris.Anyone have any ideas on how ro clean it out.I would think eventually it would get very cluttered.Thanks in advance for any ideas..Debbie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mscratch

I also have 2 of these machines and short of lifting the entire machine up to the sink and using the sinks sprayer, you would have to remove the 2 side screws to get it off. The machines work really well but this is a problem that the manufacturer needs to address and go back to the drawing board to remedy.

Bookmark   June 4, 2006 at 7:21AM
kathie31

Like the above poster said, the clear part does come off for cleaning, by removing two small screws. I believe it's recommended that you do this after each use.

My husband and I have a deal... I clean the carpets and he cleans the machine when I'm done. The worst thing you can do with one of these machines is to not clean it out properly between uses.

Bookmark   July 8, 2006 at 9:57PM
Daplanegone

First make sure the machine is unplugged and in the office position then removed the two screws located on the bottom of the clear plate then very carefully lift it up and all is exposed and you can clean. Then when your done repeat the process but in reverse, after doing that tilt the machine to expose the underside to where the cleaning brush is exposed then what I did was get a pair of scissors and put it under all the hair that accumulated on the roller cleaner bar and cut it all the way across then grabbed it and pulled it out. It turned out to be fun in a sick kind of way but you can tell who is going bald in the household Lol. Have fun!

Bookmark   September 13, 2014 at 8:20AM
Daplanegone

First make sure the machine is unplugged and in the office position then removed the two screws located on the bottom of the clear plate then very carefully lift it up and all is exposed and you can clean. Then when your done repeat the process but in reverse, after doing that tilt the machine to expose the underside to where the cleaning brush is exposed then what I did was get a pair of scissors and put it under all the hair that accumulated on the roller cleaner bar and cut it all the way across then grabbed it and pulled it out. It turned out to be fun in a sick kind of way but you can tell who is going bald in the household Lol. Have fun!

Bookmark   September 13, 2014 at 8:21AM
More Discussions
Home library is musty smelling
I have a wall, floor to ceiling, of built in bookshelves...
liseebird
Rescuing a non-stick frying pan with burnt on grease
Well, I let my frying pan with grease get too hot,...
junkyardgirl
Can you steam clean procelain tiles?
I would like to steam clean the procelain tiles in...
momintennies
Sink Scratches
My white (porcelain?) sink gets silvery scratch marks...
jinnufr
Getting Cigarette Smoke Out of Clothes
My daughter's friend gave her a lot of clothes. Friend...
monicakm_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™