Marble Sealer

leeseebrApril 6, 2013

I have marble throughout my bathroom. It was sealed when installed almost a year ago. I believe I need to reseal each year or so. Can anyone recommend a sealer to use - preferably an easy one to apply?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Madeline616

leeseebr-

I'm popping over from kitchens, where we have many, many fans of Porous Plus 511. My marble kitchen counters sealed with it, as are 2 bathroom counters. I couldn't be happier.

I'm not sure what the process would be for removing your old sealer before using the Porous Plus 511. You'd have to check on that.

Also, I always apply 3 coats, with 72 hours in between each coat. This was something I picked up on the forum, and my counters are bulletproof as far as staining. The directions on the bottle are a little different. You may want to do a test area.

Bookmark   April 6, 2013 at 2:09PM
threeapples

I keep hearing Dry Treat is the best sealant and DuPont's Bulletproof a close 2nd.

Bookmark   April 6, 2013 at 5:37PM
torontotim

I just put Dupont Bulletproof on all my marble (2 bathroom floors and kitchen counters). Still loving it.

Bookmark   April 6, 2013 at 6:10PM
lascatx

Please don't use Dry Treat unless you have tested it on a spare tile or something. What I've seen changes the texture of the stone. There was also a thread on one of the GW forums about it staining.

Porous Plus and Stone Tech are the two you see used most often. My fabricator used Stone Tech. I've been happy with it so I will stay with it.

Bookmark   April 6, 2013 at 10:31PM
threeapples

Thanks for the warning, lascatx!

Bookmark   April 6, 2013 at 10:59PM
More Discussions
Toilets, anyone?
Ten years ago we put in the Toto Ultramax after reading...
anniel58
Need advice on best mirror/sconce option in small master bath
My husband and I are FINALLY renovating our master...
cbusgirl41
tile layout help master bath
I am planning to use 18 x18 on the floor and same tile...
abick2
Doable...European sink & US bathroom pop-up drain and faucet?
Originally posted in "Plumbing" I cannot...
rantontoo
amerec vs mr steam vs thermasol steam shower
Trying to choose a steam shower for a 4 x 5 shower...
panchoandlefty
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™