Who Woks on their Wolf???

sue2012April 19, 2012

Debating between a Capital and Wolf open burner. Not having cooked on either one yet. I have no doubt about the woking abilities of the Capital given the burner. What about the Wolf 16,000 Btu burner? I would appreciate any input. Does the Wolf wok well? Thanks in advance for your response.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rhome410

I have an open burner Wolf and got their wok ring for use with our round-bottom, carbon steel wok. I have only past experience with electric to compare it to, so I think it does a wonderful job!

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 2:29PM
maryl1

I have the AG wolf range. I have used both carbon steel wok and the All Clad stainless steel wok. No problems. Both work great. I didn't get the wok ring.

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 2:44PM
sue2012

thanks for your posts. So you have plenty of heat with the 16,000 Btus? How do you like ypou gas oven?

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 5:47PM
sue2012

thanks for your posts. So you have plenty of heat with the 16,000 Btus? How do you like ypou gas oven?

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 6:32PM
cat_mom

Don't have a wok (yet...thinking I might get one sometime soon), but the oven is good. I have only had gas ovens, so that's what I'm used to.

I will say, the left side seems to bake a little faster than the right. Don't know if it's an anomaly with my particular range, or a Wolf idiosyncrasy? Either way, I like using it.

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 8:20PM
tyguy

If woking is important to you, bottom line is you will get better woking results from the cc. However, the wolf is a very fine product.

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 9:51PM
hawkster

Your horse has probably already left the barn, but if you get the wok ring, the Wolf will work great. I have a carbon steel wok and the ring, and if I turn the burner on high, stir frying takes no time at all.

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 11:49PM
More Discussions
Has anyone dealt with any members from AutomaticWasher.org
I am curious to know if anyone has spoken with any...
anthony1717
Bertazzoni 36" Dual Fuel or other range in price point?
There have been a lot of discussion about the Bertazzoni...
Buttons
De Dietrich induction cooktop
Is anyone around that has any data about De Deitrich...
chinchette
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
NY - Long Island Kitcken Appliance (Berta/Electrolux/etc...)
Hi All... I've been lucking for the past 6 months while...
nyli2014
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™