Ruined NEW Golf Shirt

MikkoSuaveJune 10, 2013

Just washed an New white Golf Shirt on delicate. Pretreated the collar with Spray and Wash. Washed in All and Oxyclean, and after wash cycle I now have a dominant Yellow ring around the collar. I haven't dried it yet so any ideas out there? 100% polyester.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christine1950

I would soak it in some bleach for a couple of hours, you were smart not to dry it.

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 9:07AM
graywings123

Is the stain from the Spray and Wash or is it from body oils? If the stain is from the Spray and Wash, call the number on the bottle and ask them what to do.

Either way, I would spray Zout on the collar, rub it in well, wait 5 minutes, and then wash in hot water in a regular cycle along with some other whites.

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 9:57AM
julie999

Sunscreen? It will cause a yellow stain on white that I have yet to be able to remove.

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 9:45PM
jannie

If you can't get the stain out, at least you have a nice new shirt for wearing around the house.

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 9:56AM
MikkoSuave

You were right julie999 sunscreen stain (Coppertone Sport SP50) on collar and end of sleeves (stain on sleeves showed up after drying. Spayed with Goof Off (flamable) on the collar and treated with Goop hand cleaner, scrubbed with small brush. Used just Goop, on the sleeves and rewashed. All stains came out. Shirt saved. OxyClean made no difference or made worse.

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 8:03PM
MikkoSuave

Corrected:
You were right julie999 sunscreen stain (Coppertone Sport SP50) on collar and end of sleeves (stain on sleeves showed up after drying. Sprayed with Goof Off (flamable) on the collar and treated with Goop hand cleaner, scrubbed with small brush. Used just Goop, on the sleeves and rewashed. All stains came out. Shirt saved. OxyClean made no difference or made worse.

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 8:10PM
christine1950

I've learned something new , Thank You :>) and I'm so glad your shirt was saved !!!

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 8:31AM
More Discussions
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
ink marks
How to remove ink (lines from a pen) on a sofa? Also,...
kathyg_in_mi
How to clean sliding window and door tracks?
How do you clean sliding window and sliding door tracks? When...
chezron
cleaning a burnt-on material from gas fireplace glass
Help! Something ( material unknown) burnt onto the...
clancyspad
Urine stain on rug from dog
My sweet doggie has tinkled two different times on...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™