My Beautiful New Carpet - Now What?

winker58June 1, 2008

I just got new carpet and my little dog got ahold of one of those hairbrushes that has the gel handle and bits of gel must have gotten on the carpet and it just looks like grey greasy spots in a million little different places. I'm not sure what's in the handle of the brush, but maybe sometype of silicone or something. Any ideas on how to get this mess out of the carpet?? Not sure which forum to put this on. I put it in several places because I am desperate to get this stuff out.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

Well, the first step is to try to vacuum up as much as possible before trying to clean it.

Bookmark   June 1, 2008 at 3:24PM
ebear1271

I'm not sure how well this would work but you could try sprinkling baking soda on the spots, let it soak up the gel, then vacuum. If I'm thinking of the right stuff the gel is almost wet, which would make it hard to get up. The baking soda might also absorb some of the grease. Good luck!

Bookmark   June 2, 2008 at 2:47PM
cearab

I would try the above suggestions first. You might want to also try Greased Lightening cleaner, if your carpet is nylon. I've used it successfully for spot cleaning. I also like a product called Hot Shot, which is a spray spot cleaner. Works pretty well, imo.

Bookmark   June 4, 2008 at 3:43PM
More Discussions
Stained SST Pan
Burned/scorched SST pan. Got 90% clean but has dark...
stoveguyy
silk comforter cleaning
I purchased 2 silk conforters in China 2 years ago,...
JudyC1949
Using same vacuum for outside lanai and off white carpet???????
I have one vacuum. It is a Shark Robot. I need to...
mizsusan
Household Gecko Control
We live on the 12th floor of a large apt building....
aiea_nana
HELP! Clear Glass Shower Doors w/ hard water stains
I have extremely hard water and have clear glass shower...
kristinamaria
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™