Anyone have this problem with their BONA floor mop?

kaisermustJune 8, 2010

My BONA floor mop has no trigger pizazz (for lack of a better word) anymore. I'm talking about the BONA mop which you can load on the 28.75 oz. bottle of their floor cleaner directly onto the mop instead of using just a mop and a handheld spray bottle. My spray trigger mechanism in the mop hardly sprays anymore--to be precise, I get one good spray out of it and then the mechanism doesn't come back up right away so I can do another spray. I have to wait several seconds til the mechanism, or whatever makes it spray, comes back up to its correct position to allow me to do a good spray again. This is so annoying--it takes forever to clean my floor this way. I have gone back to the handheld spray bottle with cleaner but this is not why I bought this mop. I only clean my floor on average about once a month and the mop is a couple of years old but its certainly not from overuse of the trigger mechanism. Has anyone else had this problem with their BONA mop? I know it didn't cost hundreds of dollars but I certainly expected it to last a couple of years of regular heavy use, not the average use I give mine.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bgibi

I read that issue was happening to several users. They came out with a new design in 3/10 that is supposed to have a better sprayer. I just saw the new version in a flooring store, but I'm still using the hand spray until I'm out of the refill bottle I purchased from Costco. The box will have the 3/10 date on the bottom.

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 10:37PM
susanelewis

Actually, bgibi, that information is incorrect. I talked to Bona customer service today because I just bought the Bona Hardwood Mop this week and the box had 12/08 on the bottom of it. I hadn't checked that but confirmed it had the refillable cartridge which it did. So, confused by your post, I called Bona and she said the only redesign this year was the cartridge to make it refillable. And, since I got a refillable cartridge, my mop had to have been made after March.

Do you have the link that talks about the redesign of the trigger spray?

Bookmark   August 20, 2010 at 10:40AM
livebetter

I own one and haven't had an issue (but I have read of people having some issues). One should assume that not every unit produced will be perfect - unfortunately someone has to get the "lemons". I believe that Bona customer service is pretty good. Contact them re: the trigger issue and see what they will do for you. Let us know how it works out.

Bookmark   August 20, 2010 at 11:33AM
susanelewis

My mop is only a few days old but so far so good. I just contacted the in advance in case they had a newer model that would preclude problems. She said they have less than a 1% failure rate and if I have one problem to call and she would be more than happy to resolve it even with a new mop.

So you can't get better than that!

Bookmark   August 20, 2010 at 11:57AM
idiot

My Bona mop quit spraying, took it apart... The handle had came out . Push it really hard to get it to go back in. If you take the cartridge off you can see the handle should be all the way in.

Bookmark   April 5, 2012 at 9:59AM
oakleyok

I broke mine the first day I used it. lol. This was back in '09. I use it all the time so I just squirt from the no-leak bottle, set it on a table behind me, then mop. Repeat.

Bookmark   April 5, 2012 at 6:53PM
clt3

I had the same problem. Bought a Rubbermaid Reveal and it works like a charm.

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 8:33AM
kimjilljohn

Hi, I just joined this website to say that I to have experienced the problem with the bono sprayer. My wonderful husband took it out to his work shop and 5 minutes later he came back with a perfectly working mop again. He said all he had to do was take the refill container out and sprayed wd40 in the crevice where the plungers spring is. It gets a little rusted and sticks.

Bookmark   December 29, 2013 at 8:28PM
lynnmel

Thanks kimjilljohn. I have been struggling with this for years. Got my husband to do what you suggested and the mop sprayer works like it's new.

Bookmark   December 25, 2014 at 2:23PM
kathyg_in_mi

I bought a Bono mop this year from BB&B, the trigger definitely didn't work well. Spray once, then 6 times again before it sprayed well again. I took it back and got a refund! Will go with the regular spray and use the mop I have all ready.

Bookmark   December 26, 2014 at 8:32PM
beaniebakes

I called Bona to complain about the trigger not working and they sent me a replacement unit. I still have the inoperable unit and will try the wd40 trick.

Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 11:38AM
More Discussions
How to rid house of dog smell
I'm doing a temporary rental (sold my house finally...
lisa77429
Getting urine smell out
How do I get the urine smell out of clothes or sheets...
michie1
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
Best hardwood floor cleaner?
Our floors just got finished 2 months ago and I hate...
lmrinc_gw
Help! Lime Away hurt my sink!
Hi all, I had a new cleaning lady work in my cottage...
jlknovi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™