Under Cabinet Vent Hood Advice

atct86April 9, 2013

I was wondering if anyone can help me pick a stainless steel vent hood. It needs to be under cabinet, due to a damaged tin ceiling behind cabinets.

I plan on buying a 30" Viking range, so 600+ CFM would be very nice, as would 36".

Should I just get a viking hood and blower? Are there any better or cheaper options?

Would any be able to vent down into the basement, and outside, through a 2x4 wall?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginny20

Mine is vented down to the basement, across the basement ceiling and out the foundation of the house. It's not ideal - I lose suction by having all those turns and that long run - but it's fine. I started with a 720 rated hood, so it's still good, even diminished, and I don't often run it on high anyway. Mine is a Kobe 36" under cab SS hood. You can check out their web site below. They are quiet. Mine has baffles and is easy to clean. They have lots of styles, so you can look through them and see if any appeal to you or go with the style of your kitchen. I got mine from Ventingdirect.com for over $900, but I don't know if that's much less than a Viking. HTH

Here is a link that might be useful: Kobe Hoods

Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 9:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sudaki

I am also really enjoying my Kobe under cabinet vent hood. Rated up to 720 but I usually run it on "quiet mode" which you can truly hardly hear. It is pretty too- nicer fit and finish than some other brands we considered.

Bookmark   April 10, 2013 at 1:12PM
More Discussions
Blue Star grill igniter--is it broken?
My Blue Star grill is becoming finicky when I try to...
nycbluedevil_gw
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
Fisher Paykel Dishwasher Drawers-do you have them?
I am in need of guidance. From what I can gather, it's...
beekeeperswife
Help with induction please
I am planning to buy induction when we reno the kitchen....
sherri1058
HELP PLEASE New Dacor range to replace old DCS (Fisher Paykel) range?
We moved into a house that has a 9 year old DCS by...
princesspronoid
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™