frameless shower door

cbruno7April 15, 2014

Wanted opinions on which look people think is nicer. We have the option of 2 frameless 1/2 inch glass panels with a door in the center or 3/8 inch sliding glass frameless shower door. The cost difference is small, so comes down to which would be aesthetically nicer in a transitional style bathroom

thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jewelisfabulous

Either would probably look good. I'd have to see the shower/surrounding space to say for certain. Can you post a photo?

Bookmark   April 15, 2014 at 4:04PM
raehelen

Besides aesthetics, there is also a functional difference between a door that swings open and one that slides. I have both.

The outswinging door was cuz that shower is only 4 feet long, so not long enough for a slider and still have ample room to get inside. I had lots of room outside the shower for door to swing into.

The sliding door was on a 5 foot long shower, so long enough, and there really wasn't room in tiny BR for a door to swing open without either hitting the vanity or the towel rack.

Bookmark   April 16, 2014 at 11:43AM
millworkman

I much prefer the frameless hinged option myself, a more classic cleaner look if you have the room for sure.

Bookmark   April 16, 2014 at 8:34PM
More Discussions
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
need bathroom drain advice
Need advice. I am putting in a built in shower 3ft...
checkman123
Bertch 60" single bowl vanity for hall bath
I would appreciate some advice and insight on my dilemma....
Sofia Akhter
Small bathroom from scratch - layout help needed
http://www.homestyler.com/designprofile/b86dc96a-7c58-42f3-8ba3-408b7c9610f2...
peace_rose
Under bathroom sink pull-out
Having custom bathroom vanity built...double sinks...
janelor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™