Calling All Porcelain or Ceramic Master Bathrooms

jean61April 18, 2012

Looking for porcelain or ceramic bathrooms. All showrooms in the northern va area are high end. So If you are open to show your porcelain or cermaic bathrooms, I would Love to see it. If you could also give details about the tile.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sserra85

Are you near fredericksburg? There's a good showroom there.. B&F ceramics. They import as well, so prices will likely be the best around.

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 1:13PM
jean61

Yeah--it's about 45 mins....so I guess I will check them out this weekend! Thanks!!!!

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 4:37PM
jean61

WOW....Surprised I'm not seeing any post on this??? No one used porcelain or ceramic for Master?? I wanted a bit of marble--but having hard time finding a combination of both that look good together.

Bookmark   April 20, 2012 at 8:59AM
jules8

Have you visited with a designer at Mosaic Tile & Co? We got our tile at their Chantilly design center. They have a wide range of prices. what average price per square foot are you expecting?

Bookmark   April 20, 2012 at 1:03PM
jean61

We did go to Mosaic but didn't meet up with designer. I think I will have to do that. We just went in and looked at what they had and thought they were high. I was hoping for something in that would average with trim 6-8 dollars. Is that reasonable?? or am I expecting too much?

Bookmark   April 20, 2012 at 3:34PM
dibgar

Have you looked at the Houzz website? It is a great place to see hundreds of pictures of tiled bathrooms.

That site does not offer specific details, but it is a great place to get ideas.

Bookmark   April 21, 2012 at 1:31AM
sevrm

Same porcelain tile on shower walls (12") and floor (18")

Bookmark   April 21, 2012 at 2:23PM
jules8

Mosaic has choices in that price range. I agree about Houzz to get an idea of your style. if you have an idea of the style you want and the price range, Mosaic should be able to help you. we got modern style porcelain tile in that price range at Mosaic. we used glass tile as an accent and that was much more expensive. we searched all over for the glass we liked at the best price. we got some at home depot. they have many more choices on-line than in the store. you can order one as a sample and return it to the store if you don't like it. and we ordered some on sale at Susan Jablon.

Bookmark   April 22, 2012 at 7:54AM
lpinkmountain

Well, I have some photos I've been collecting, but my planned tub/shower surround is plain white 4 inch ceramic accented with colord glass tiles. It's an old house so I'm going retro.

Bookmark   April 23, 2012 at 1:10PM
flicka001

jean61, I'm also in No VA and am just getting ready to start a remodel (so no pics yet). I'm using porcelain tile. My contractor sent me to the Daltile on Gravel Ave in Alexandria where I could see the tiles.

Bookmark   April 23, 2012 at 5:45PM
jean61

Hey Flicka001--- do they have a large showroom. I have been to the one in Chantilly...not that big

Bookmark   April 23, 2012 at 6:12PM
flicka001

No it is not very large. They just have samples of most of the tiles there.

Bookmark   April 23, 2012 at 8:05PM
adel97

I just posted a finished bath with ceramic tiles that are a decent "marble look", and a backsplash with real marble. I think ceramic and porcelain tiles are great in a bath, and there are many beautiful choices tat go well with real stone if you want to combine. Check out glasstilehome.com and oder samples.

Bookmark   April 29, 2012 at 3:16PM
Kathy Rivera

I don't have any pictures yet, but I got my porcelain tiles at Lowes. They had a nice selection - better than Home Depot I think (though HD also has a lot). I got my glass accent tiles at Home Depot for 4.99/sq ft. The local tile store had the exact same tile at 19.99/sq ft!!

Bookmark   April 30, 2012 at 8:41AM
More Discussions
American Standard Vormax Toilet
Does any one have an experience with this toilet? http://www.americanstandard-us.com/vormax/ I...
David
Show me pictures of your tile 'rug'
We'd like to do this and are looking for design ideas....
kate38
Has anyone seen an interior door handle like this in the States?
Sorry for the link but I couldn't find an image to...
ceezeecz
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
Experience with Enduroshield
Anybody have specific experience or feedback on the...
gardnr
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™