Lysol vs Clorox Wipes

PatJune 6, 2010

Please, do you prefer one over the other for best cleaning?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
westvillager

I prefer the Clorox wipes in the so-called stylish container. They seem much easier to dispense than the traditional packaging. The print on the container is immaterial b/c it's always stored, and I've never suffered from cleaning wipe tub envy.

In terms of efficacy, I think they both disinfect (and/or sanitize?) but Clorox doesn't require the surface to stay wet as long.

Bookmark   June 6, 2010 at 7:03PM
oilpainter

I don't use either or any other such product. I think they are a waste of money. Plain soap and water works fine for me and my family and I'll bet we don't get any more illnesses than you. In fact I haven't had a cold or flu in 2 years.

Bookmark   June 6, 2010 at 9:48PM
missmary

I am partial to Clorox wipes because I am very partial to cleaning with bleach based products.

I'd find "plain soap and water" a cumbersome approach for cleaning bathroom/kitchen surfaces.

Bookmark   June 7, 2010 at 9:10AM
Pat

missmary, i have known for some time that Clorox wipes are "bleach-free," that is why I am wondering which is best at cleaning. They think if you see the word "clorox," you will assume bleach. Uh!

Bookmark   June 7, 2010 at 3:16PM
gardenspuds

They both contain variants of the same disinfecting agent, which is not bleach.

I don't use these often, only when someone in the house is sick, and use both brands. I'm a little sensitive to scents, so I pick according to which scent in the store seems least bothersome to me.

I wish Lysol still made an unscented kitchen spray disinfectant. It was terrific for disinfecting in the kitchen and didn't bother me at all. I haven't seen it in stores the past couple of years.

Whichever one you choose, be sure to dispose of in the trash and not the toilet- the material does not break down like paper.
Barbara

Bookmark   June 8, 2010 at 1:34AM
bigdogmom48

I don't use either one because they contain chemicals that aggravate my allergies. I also wouldn't want my small grandchildren to put their fingers on a table or counter wiped with one of those wipes because the fingers usually end up in their mouths.

Bookmark   June 13, 2010 at 4:38PM
oilpainter

For those of you who think wiping with disinfectant wipes is killing bad bacteria, here's a study that contradicts that theory. Often times you are killing good bacteria and allowing the bad to go unchecked. I too, like bigdogmom worry about ingesting those chemicals.

Please check out this site. It is an eyeopener

Here is a link that might be useful: clinical study on disinfectant wipes

Bookmark   June 13, 2010 at 7:12PM
westvillager

The wipes are only used for cleaning the outside of the toilets, which happens as needed or after entertaining. Not really a participant in the anti-bacterial cleaning product craze, the disposable wipes are a matter of convenience (and part psychological comfort) for that task.

Lol, the article supports my gross-out reaction to the idea of using the same kitchen towel to wipe your hands during food prep, then wipe the counter. Ew.

Bookmark   June 14, 2010 at 7:54AM
jannie

I like flushable wipes. I used them in the bathroom. In the morning, i'd wash my face, grap a wipe and run over the sink, faucet and handles, then over the toilet seat, then flush.

Bookmark   June 14, 2010 at 8:02AM
jeri

I like the CostCo Kirkland brand. They are larger and sturdier IMO. IÂm starting to use them for the FlyLadyÂs Swish and Swipe which IÂm *loving*. My bathrooms are always company ready now  which really does feel great.

Bookmark   June 21, 2010 at 7:15PM
More Discussions
Pro Carpet Cleaning: Chemdry vs Steamer vs ??
Looking for a carpet cleaning service that does a good...
jsfox
Toilet hard water stains
We have a 1/2 bath that rarely is used, so there's...
nelles_gw
Grout
An electric toothbrush and Listerine + clean grout....
jak4
HELP! Clear Glass Shower Doors w/ hard water stains
I have extremely hard water and have clear glass shower...
kristinamaria
How to clean sliding window and door tracks?
How do you clean sliding window and sliding door tracks? When...
chezron
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™