Viking D3 refrigerator - built-in trim kit - worth it?

seosmpApril 19, 2013

Hi,

I plan on posting this on the Kitchens Forum as well.

I am planning on getting the Viking D3 referigerator. I'm debating whether it's worth it to get the optional grille/trim kit for the built-in look. My frig will have cabinetry on the sides, so it's just the top grille and side trim.

I think it would cost around $350 or so.

Does anyone have this and like it, or not like it? Other thoughts?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Paddyspub1

I would say that it would be worth it IF you have measured correctly and made sure that it will fit. Ours was measured incorrectly (by Ferguson) and the rope trim kit would not fit with our upper cabinet. We needed about another 3/8". It was a disappointment but not a deal breaker. We love the fridge. So bottom line if it will fit with your cabinets then I think it will make for an excellent built in look.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 3:40PM
JAM_SF

My contractor says its not needed and he loves this fridge and has put a bunch of them in lately. As long as the cabinets are built around it he says it looks great. It's also taller than most fridges too.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 5:10PM
seosmp

Paddyspub1 - thanks - so you have this fridge? I haven't seen the rope trim kit for it?? I have asked the cabinetmaker to make the opening high enough to accommodate the grille kit. He has the specs so hopefully it works out! He's also going to make a trim piece in case I don't get the grille. I like to have the option later on!

JAM_SF - well it's good to hear the fridge is a good fridge! The cabinetry will be built around it too, so I suppose either way it will look good.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 6:29PM
More Discussions
Counter depth refrigerators - who actually stocks them?
I need to replace my current counter depth refrigerator,...
yjacket86
Why are my frozen bananas melting?
Not sure the right forum for this, but I freeze bananas...
weedyacres
Lights on my Jenn-Air dishwasher
I have a two year-old Jenn-Air Trifecta dishwasher...
sail_away
Need advice on combining induction and gas
This is my first post. Please forgive the length or...
jdsb2
Daily Luxury Convenience (Combi Steam) vs. Tried & True Dbl Oven
I asked questions about the steam oven last month....
lawjedi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™