Most reliable Frig ?

moonuserApril 12, 2012

I've had bad luck with my 8 yr old Maytag, freezer is acting up.

Whats the suggested most reliable brand today ??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Madeline616

I love my Jenn-Air. Never had a problem, it's awesome.

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 3:02PM
philwojo

I would say you should post some more specifics about what you are looking for as I think that question can depend on what you want in a fridge. Are you looking for free standing, built in, etc.? Do you want water on the door, french door, etc.

The more info you post now the better someone can offer a recommendation.

I don't think there is 1 "best" for all refrigerators out there.

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 3:22PM
ailene54

I often use consumers quide when I want to know how things are rated. You can usually find the copy you want at the library.

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 9:57PM
dodge59

The most often, highest rated fridge for reliability, by readers of Consumer Reports who respond to the Consumer Reports Surveys, is Jenn-air, and it had been since at least 2005.

That's one of the reasons I bought my 48" built in back in 2005 and so far, with the exception of the ice maker which died after about 5 years, it has been trouble free and very quiet.

At least back in 2005 it offered more features than the well know fancy brand, was at least $3000 less expensive,
and didn't show "gills" at the top. (Back in 2005 you only had about 3 choice if you wanted a built in and paneled 48" Fridge). Nowadays of course, you have a lot more choices, but I would buy the same Exact Thing today, were it available.

The ice maker wasn't a big deal, it was easily changed by me, 3 screws had to be removed to take it out. I saw new ones on Ebay etc for as little as $63, but not wanting to take a chance, I bought it from Jenn-air for $150--New one works great!

Gary

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 10:25PM
Nunyabiz1

I don't think there is such a thing.
Pretty much ANY fridge could last you 20 years without a single problem.
You could buy the cheapest fridge with the worse reviews or the most expensive with the best reviews and have the cheap one end up being the best by far.

I think it varies from fridge to fridge and owner to owner.

We sold our 19 year old gigantic side by side Kenmore (Whirlpool) last year for $350. It was flawless for the whole 19 years never had a single problem with it.

So far our Kenmore Elite Counter Depth (Samsung) is also flawless, no problems for the first year.

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 8:19AM
More Discussions
De Dietrich induction cooktop
Is anyone around that has any data about De Deitrich...
chinchette
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
Install Question for Subzero Undercounter UC24 BG/S Beverage Center
We're looking to install a Subzero UC24 BG/S Undercounter...
pbx2
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
self cleaning oven racks
Almost all oven manufacturers require removing oven...
dickross
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™