Trying to Choose a Miele Model

betsyhacJune 26, 2011

Have you done this lately? Can you help?

Thx,

Betsy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
betsyhac

Never mind. I bought Earth. Now I need to find a good source for bags. Sheesh, are they ever expensive!!

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 5:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
livebetter

I have the upright Miele S7 Marin (Swing in US) and not long ago bought the S5580 Saturn. My S5580 is similar to Earth except mine came with the SEB236 powerhead and the SBB300 floor tool.

I love both of these vacuums, although, I probably love the canister a little more.

I have a Beam central vac that I can't stand. I hate lugging a 35' hose around. I was so happy with the S7 that I decided to get the canister for the main and lower levels which are mostly hard surface and area rugs.

The bags are integral to the Miele sealed system (one of the main reasons for paying this much for a vacuum).

"The Miele FilterBag with 9-layers of protection captures and retains 99.9% of all nastiness, including dirt, dust, allergens, and even bedbugs, which are hermetically sealed into the filter bag. Once the dirt is in the bag it stays in the bag right through to disposal."

I pay $19.99 for 4 here in Canada. $5/bag? I don't know what other bags cost so I can't compare. My Beam is bagless (yuck).

I don't know about you but I purchased the Miele so I would have extremely clean indoor air while vacuuming. The bags are part of the system so I'm OK with the cost. I can go several months before changing so ... 4 should last me at least a year.

I use the canister more than the upright and the canister bag is smaller (6 L vs 4.5L) so maybe I'll go through the canister bags faster? Either way, these are just superb machines! I couldn't be happier with them.

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 8:57PM
More Discussions
help between these two spin mops
Which is better http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Indoor-Living/Home-Commercial-Cleaning/Floor-Care/Mops/Wet/Spinning-Mop-and-Bucket/_/N-2pqfZ67l/Ne-67n/Ntk-All_EN/R-I4540847?Ntt=spin+mop Or http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-spin-mop-and-bucket-0428442p.html#.VO5Y1DhOnHw...
wantboost
vacuuming problem
I have fairly new bedroom carpeting and my Hoover vacuum...
eviemp
Home library is musty smelling
I have a wall, floor to ceiling, of built in bookshelves...
liseebird
Cuisinart Stainless Steel Coffee Pot. How to clean?
It's thermal. But I can't get the coffee stains out....
Suzi AKA DesertDance
Using same vacuum for outside lanai and off white carpet???????
I have one vacuum. It is a Shark Robot. I need to...
mizsusan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™