GE Gas Range Warming Drawer

helouApril 27, 2014

I've just ordered a GE PGB940SEFSS from AJ Madison, which comes with a warming drawer. The guy at AJ was very nice and seemed very knowledgeable. He told me that the warming drawer has a 72 hour shut-off.
However, when I look at the online manual it seems to indicate that the warming drawer stays on for 3 hours.

This seems like way too little time. I often use my warming drawer all day long when I'm having lots of company and have various courses warming up. Snacks for early arrivals, appetizers, desserts later on, etc.

The manual seems to be kind of generic for gas ranges, not very specific to each model. For instance there's a section about "Convection baking - for models with convection" "Griddles (on some models)" so the information might not apply to every model.

Does anyone have this range with the warming drawer, and does it shut off after 3 hours? If it does, is there a way around it?

Here is a link that might be useful: GE Gas Range with Warming Drawer

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
helou

Follow-up to my own post. I got the range, turned on the warming drawer and it ran all day with no automatic shut off.

Yay.

Bookmark   April 29, 2014 at 8:40PM
More Discussions
Anyone with a double oven range wish they had gone with wall ovens?
My DH thought we'd get a double oven range, but I like...
happyallison
steam damage to cabinets from steam oven or warming drawer?
When we had a kitchenaid dishwasher, the hot moist...
houztongirl
When should a boiler-warranty start?
We have a dispute with the company, that installed...
doofus
Food Processor - Old Cuisinart, New Cuisinart, Used Robot Coupe?
I am thinking about getting a Cuisinart food processor. I...
johnliu_gw
Bertazzoni gas range comprehensive review
So I've seen this question presented a few times, and...
jgopp
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™