Choosing tiles is overwhelming

debinnhApril 17, 2012

There are sooooo many choices and options. But honestly, right now the front runner is from home depot: http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/catalog/servlet/Search?keyword=lugano&selectedCatgry=SEARCH+ALL&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&Ns=None&Ntpr=1&Ntpc=1

There are so many options and the price seems reasonable. Has anyone used this tile?

I really wanted granite tiles with a pebble shower floor, but the cost is crazy and I am afraid of the amount of grout and uneven floor in the shower.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hosenemesis

Which of the 18 tiles were you considering? The link has a whole page of them.
renee

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 12:21AM
lazy_gardens

I have Marazzi Lugano 6x6 in the guest bath alcove ... it has a travertine look that blended well with the floor I wanted to keep.

No issues with it - the tile to tile color variability is pretty high, so check out several pieces to make sure you are OK with the darker ones as well as the lighter ones.

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 7:08AM
Lynne Reno

I'm not familiar with the tile, but make sure that the entire tile is similar in color to the face of it. Some cheaper tile has a white body and if you drop something that chips the tile it will stand out like a sore thumb

Bookmark   April 20, 2012 at 12:51PM
debinnh

Thanks. I want a mix of tiles for interest, which is why I liked this series at HD. I will be sure to take a look at the tile for how they were made, and also to see that there is consistent colors on the surface.

Bookmark   April 20, 2012 at 10:50PM
More Discussions
Shower glass strong enough to hold towel?
We will be getting semi-frameless glass shower walls....
risforremodel
Date on thinset
Someone mentioned they would help homeowners decode...
mmaggied
Contractor messed up shower pan. Fixable?
My contractor who I'm firing tomorrow messed up my...
gwrussp
Classic looking offset vanity top?
I'm planning out a bathroom remodel for a 1920s Craftsman...
resseger
tile layout help master bath
I am planning to use 18 x18 on the floor and same tile...
abick2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™