Built in's??

nyrgirl35April 15, 2014

If I get a 24" built in microwave /speed oven and it needs to be changed down the road will I be in trouble not being able to fit something else in the space? Or is 24" and standard built in size that I won't have a problem getting something else for its spot?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

American brands and middle range European brands with a very large presence in the American market only offer 27" and 30" right now and may eventually offer 30" only.

But IMO the high end and niche European brands will always offer a few of their 24" models in the USA. In Europe 24"/60 cm will be the standard for the foreseeable future( like 50 years).

Particularly in NYC,SF,LA and Miami you will always be able to find retailers and service for these niche European brands.

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 2:54AM
nyrgirl35

Deeageaux thanks for the info. In your opinion should I just get the trim kit to make it 30" and play it safe? I have the room for it, it was just a matter of saving the $300. What about depth and height is that standard? I'm so afraid that when this needs to be replaced I'll be stuck with this hole that nothing fits. By the way it's a Bertazzoni speed oven!
Thanks again

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 4:44PM
Fori is not pleased

I love my 24" Maytag wall oven! :P Nah, I mean I do and I love the size but I'm going with a 24" speed oven too. If you're that concerned, instead of doing a Berta trim kit on a 30" oven cabinet, you could probably use filler from the cabinet maker, especially if you're going custom. Then carve it out for something bigger in the future.

I'm not going to, though.

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 4:56PM
nyrgirl35

Ahhh fori great idea!! Thank you! That will look so much better too! Which 24" speed oven are you going with?

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 6:47PM
nyrgirl35

Oh and by the way I will be perfectly fine with a 24" size. I'm Just afraid one day it won't be available.

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 6:56PM
More Discussions
Whirlpool Chillerator Repair Question
I posted on this issue in Electrical Wiring, but I...
amyf5
Bluestar Precious Metals - Infused copper
Greetings, I am getting ready to order a 36" 6...
pitcom
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
Oven size vs cabinet size
In my search for a new oven I noticed that all have...
dickross
Jenn Air Counter Depth Refrigerator
Hi, We will probably be getting the Jenn Air counter...
C C
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™